Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Michael_Rolbin
Contributor

Upgrade VSLS R80.10 to R80.20

Is it supported to upgrade R80.10 VSX VSLS cluster to R80.20 VSX VSLS cluster, including MDS or Smart Center, upgrade?

I checked "Installation and Upgrade R80.20 Guide" page 334 and it looks supported for "VSX Cluster". 

Could you please confirm that for VSLS?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion

VSLS and ClusterXL HA are the 2 clustering methods of a VSX cluster, so by using the terms VSX cluster you include VSLS.

Regards, Maarten
0 Kudos
Michael_Rolbin
Contributor

Thank you, I just needed a confirmation that there are no different processes to apply for VSLS specifically.

0 Kudos
Vincent_Croes
Contributor

Referring to documentation:

https://sc1.checkpoint.com/documents/Best_Practices/Cluster_Connectivity_Upgrade/html_frameset.htm

As far as I know, no transparent upgrade can be done on a VSLS VSX cluster. The requirement here is running HA. Correct me if I'm wrong.

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

@Vincent_Croes You are wrong. Look into Connectivity Upgrade of a VSX Cluster in the document above. It is relevant for all cases, VSLS or HA

0 Kudos
Vincent_Croes
Contributor

2019_06_14_07_49_36_Window.png

There are prerequisites in doing a CU. See screenshot above. Explains why the procedure mentions members M2 and M3 being in standby seeing that my production members have more then 1 state running on a single member.

What am I missing?

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

Tue 23 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (EDT)

East US: What's New in R82

Thu 25 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (SGT)

APAC: CPX 2024 Recap

Tue 30 Apr 2024 @ 03:00 PM (CDT)

EMEA: CPX 2024 Recap

Thu 02 May 2024 @ 11:00 AM (SGT)

APAC: What's new in R82
    CheckMates Events