Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fraol14
Explorer

Unable to access new checkpoint gateway using WebUI

we can't access our new checkpoint gateway using WebUI from the management interface. when have configured the IP Address 192.168.1.2 255.255.255.0 on the computer, we tried to access https://192.168.1.1 on the browser but it's not working. 

Note: Firewall Is disabled.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

Do you have an ARP entry and does ping work?

Any proxy settings in the browser that need to be bypassed, what browser is used?

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
Fraol14
Explorer

We have tried Firefox, Chrome, and Microsoft Edge. And we have changed the proxy setting to no proxy. Ping is working, but we can't browse.

0 Kudos
EmilliXill
Explorer

Hello. Maybe you have another host with the same ip-address in your network? Why don't you try to reach SG via 192.168.1.2 (if you assigned this address to one of the interfaces)? Is it an appliance, right?

0 Kudos
Fraol14
Explorer

Yes, it's an appliance, but it doesn't work as you suggested. 

0 Kudos
EmilliXill
Explorer

I saw ping is OK, but it is not possible to ping firewall by default. How did you turn off the firewall?

Also I don't know anything about your network, maybe it's huge, with many hosts, and 192.168.1.1/2 is popular, maybe you pinged something else.

1) You can try to ping the your machine FROM the SG to make sure there is network availability.

2) You can check the states of interfaces (show interfaces all OR show interface eth0/mgmt/etc.). Maybe interface is down.

3) You can change ip-address to a less used one. 

Also you didn't write what does "it's not working" mean. Error? Endless website loading? Just light-grey screen? 🙂

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

First, I would ensure nothing else is conflicting with that IP address, as that definitely could be a possibility. When you run arp -a on the firewall, what do you see? Also, IF you changed default web UI port, then it wont work if you have default filter or initial policy loaded, so please run fw stat and see whats there. If it says one of 2 I mentioned, run fw unloadlocal and it will most likely work.  K, let me rephrase that...even with initial policy, web UI would work, but ONLY on port 443, nothing else. Also check below commands from clish.

Hope that helps.

[Expert@quantum-firewall:0]# clish
squantum-firewall> show web daem
quantum-firewall> show web daemon-enable
WebDaemonEnable on
quantum-firewall> show web ssl-
quantum-firewall> show web ssl-port
web-ssl-port 4434
quantum-firewall>

Andy

0 Kudos
(1)
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

What precise appliance is this running what precise version of code?
Or if you installed in a VM, please specify the RAM/CPU/HDD used for the VM.

0 Kudos
David_C1
Advisor

Is this a physical appliance? Can you connect a laptop configured with IP 192.168.1.2/24 directly to the management port (192.168.1.1) on the appliance and access the webUI?

Dave

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events