cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post a Question

The license it is impossible to detach it in smartupdate

Why after removal of the license through CLI from the device it is impossible to detach it in smartupdate?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Admin
Admin

Re: The license it is impossible to detach it in smartupdate

Screenshots?

0 Kudos

Because there is no longer license ? Therefore there is nothing to be detached? Try to Get Data from the GW and after that you should be able to delete license, which is not used anymore.

Kind regards,
Jozko Mrkvicka
0 Kudos

I was probably wrong. Licenses have been removed via the CLI from the device. After that, I wanted to unpin them in the Smart Update using the “separate license” button. But I could not do that. They hang in the smart update, and the output of the click print-x command indicates that there are no licenses.

0 Kudos

Try to just choose "Get licenses" in SmartUpdate for these gateways.

Vladimir
Pearl

Actually, there is another scenario where I could benefit from being able to deleting licenses in SmartUpdate only:

I have few old gateways and cluster objects in one of the policy packages that are no longer physically present.

I'd like to keep those, just for the references.

In SmartUpdate, there are expired licenses and contracts associated with those objects that could not be detached and thus, could not be deleted, cluttering the license repository.

Get Licenses from non-existent object does not work.

I am pretty sure that I can clean it up via CLI, but it is a headache.

I did some clean-up (removal) of licenses based on:

Forcing License Removal 

Kind regards,
Jozko Mrkvicka