Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nick_Shah
Collaborator
Jump to solution

Sync Interface not pinging

Hello Team,

I am setting up Cluster XL in my LAB. In smartconsole , in network management Tab when i do get interface, i get only 2 interfaces. One that is internal and another one is external. I am not getting Sync Interface (eth2). On both Gateways there is point to point link (not even a switch in between) configured a ip of 172.16.1.1/30 (gateway1) and 172.16.1.2/30 (gateway2). Cant even ping from either device.

Could someone please help me.

Thanks

Nick

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Nick_Shah
Collaborator

@Maarten_Sjouw I changes the interface , its now eth3. Now its working. Dont know what was the issue with eth2.

Thankyou

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion

Is the state on for eth2? Do a 

show configuration interface

And check to see if it this line:

shows set interface eth2 state on

Regards, Maarten
0 Kudos
Nick_Shah
Collaborator

@Maarten_Sjouw Yes state is on.. before posting here i already checked basic things. Allow me sometime i will post interface config here

0 Kudos
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion

Are the interfaces showing link up on both devices? Did you replace the cable?

Regards, Maarten
0 Kudos
Nick_Shah
Collaborator

@Maarten_Sjouw  Here is the config & topology snapshot attached. This is R80.40 version

0 Kudos
Nick_Shah
Collaborator

@Maarten_Sjouw I changes the interface , its now eth3. Now its working. Dont know what was the issue with eth2.

Thankyou

0 Kudos
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion

What hardware is this? You probably have a hardware issue on your network card. When eth3 is on different hardware from eth2  (what I don't expect) the card will most probably have a broken port on either side, you can find ourt which side by using eth2 on 1 and eth3 on the other and see which one fails to communicate.

Regards, Maarten
0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events