We are happy to announce the extension of support for R80.40 software release.
R80.40 is the most widely adopted and trusted version by our customers. Planning an upgrade takes time and effort, and as organizations get back to normal following COVD-19 we would like to provide maximum flexibility for the planning of security operations both now and in the future.
The support period for our R80.40 software version (released January 2020), has been extended from September 30th, 2022 to January 31st, 2024.
This extension applies to the following:
- Quantum Security Management
- Quantum Security Gateways
- CloudGuard Network
This would also present a good opportunity to start planning your future upgrade to R81.
R81 provides these key benefits:
- Highest levels of security with autonomous threat prevention: R81 has the industry’s first autonomous Threat Prevention system, all gateways are updated automatically by 60+ AI & ML threat prevention engines for complete protection against zero-day threats.
- Rapid response to changing security needs with fastest policy installation: Reducing policy installation time by up to 90%, from minutes to seconds. Moreover, security admins can upgrade hundreds of remote gateways to the new release in a click of a button.
- Automatic performance tuning: R81 uses dynamic allocation of gateway resources across the enterprise to deliver automatically the best hardware performance and security.
- Optimal security for encrypted network traffic (SSL): R81 utilizes the latest standards for secure connectivity including TLS 1.3 and HTTP/2, and ensures threats cannot hide in encrypted traffic. A dedicated policy layer allows the admin to control easily the decision to inspect or bypass network traffic.
Please refer to our support service life cycle policy for more details.
I encourage you to contact Account Services for any questions you may have.