cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HeikoAnkenbrand
Champion Champion
Champion

Secure Client with Software Update Buttom

Recently we often have to reinstall the Secure Client through Windows updates.

Maybe it is possible to include a software update Buttom.

Regards

Heiko

➜ CCSM Elite, CCME, CCTE
7 Replies
Jan_Elbers
Participant

Yes, we need that function.

0 Kudos
christian_konne
Participant

Can be very helpful.

0 Kudos
Vladimir
Champion
Champion

Have you tried using this:

I am not sure if this is applicable to the entire secure client or for the EndpointVPN portion of it, but it may be worth looking into.

P.S. you've accidentally misspelled "Button" in the header.

0 Kudos
HeikoAnkenbrand
Champion Champion
Champion

Hi Vladimir,

thanks for the information. The problem is the "VPN Standalone Client".

All our customers must uninstall the old client on all Windows systems and reinstall it in the new version.
I know it is possible to install the client automatically as a predefined installation package. But it's not always the solution and possible.

It would be nice if there was an "Update Buttom". This allows the user to download and install the latest client himself.

---

P.S. if you do the way that you described you need a license for the Mobile Access Blade.

Regards,

Heiko

➜ CCSM Elite, CCME, CCTE
0 Kudos
Vladimir
Champion
Champion

Yes, you are correct, there is a need for the MAB licenses in this case.

Sometimes it is difficult to keep track of all the bits, pieces and variations of Check Point nomenclature for the secure client, endpoint security, sandblast endpoint components, etc...

Incidentally, please let me know if you are aware of a way to disconnect endpoint VPN after X minutes on no keyboard input on the client.

Thank you,

Vladimir

0 Kudos
HeikoAnkenbrand
Champion Champion
Champion

Hi Vladimir,

I don't have a real idea for your last point „ disconnect endpoint VPN after X Minutes“. You don't find anything in SK75221. Maybe you should ask R&D. This is a function for E80.83  

Regards

Heiko

➜ CCSM Elite, CCME, CCTE
0 Kudos
Norbert_Bohusch
Advisor

It is possible top deploy the remote access client automatic upgrade package on the gateway and control upgrade through global properties (ask user/upgrade without asking)

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events