Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sven
Explorer
Jump to solution

Revert to prior policy dosn't work

Hi,

due to a policy change (delete unused rules and objects)  i would like to revert to another policy prior the change because of an error within the rules.

So i have made this by "Installation history" and chosse the policy to revert and it was succesfully.

But the deleted rules/objects from the reverted policy are didn't exist in the security rule set or in the object list.

Where can i find it ?

Best regards,

Sven

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tal_Paz-Fridman
Employee
Employee

Installation History [SmartConsole > Security Policies > Access Tools > Installation History] will only open a new SmartConsole in Read Only with the database at the selected date (View installed changes). It does not have an ability to revert to that version. 

What you need is Revert To Revision - Manage & Settings > Sessions > Revisions > Select Revision > Actions > Revert to this revision...

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Hm, thats bit odd. I tried that before and never had an issue. What version is this?

Andy

0 Kudos
Sven
Explorer

Hi,

the version is R81.10

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Thats exactly where I did it last time. Sadly, that lab had to be deleted for some Cisco stuff, so I only have R81.20 at the moment.

Andy

0 Kudos
Tal_Paz-Fridman
Employee
Employee

Installation History [SmartConsole > Security Policies > Access Tools > Installation History] will only open a new SmartConsole in Read Only with the database at the selected date (View installed changes). It does not have an ability to revert to that version. 

What you need is Revert To Revision - Manage & Settings > Sessions > Revisions > Select Revision > Actions > Revert to this revision...

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I believe @Sven indicated that in his post already.

Screenshot_1.png

0 Kudos
Tal_Paz-Fridman
Employee
Employee

Oh, I thought he referred to Installation History in the first post.

Anyways, Revert to Revision does not work between versions like R81.10 and R81.20 

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

He did say word revert, so Im fairly positive he did it properly : - )

Anyway, it worked for me in R81.10 lab before and I just tried it in R81.20 too and was fine.

Andy

0 Kudos
Sven
Explorer

Guys many thank to you it works, you are my heroes.😃

I have never done this before and from my perspective there was no difference between "Installation history" because also here can i choose "Install specific version" and i get the succesfully message. 

that this is not meant at all...

Br,

Sven

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

So you good now brother? : - )

Andy

0 Kudos
S_E_
Advisor

btw,

just recognized today. There seems to be a difference.

Installation History:  If you made 3 changes on the same day, it does not allow you to install from this day. Only from days before.

Via the menu "Revert To Revision" I'm able to select the exact revision.

Regards

Revert_Policy1.png

Revert_Policy2.png

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events