cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Yaron_Weiler
Employee
Employee

Reminder for R80.20/30 End-of-Support on 30/9/2022

This is to remind all that R80.20 and R80.30 End-of-Support is around the corner and will take place on Sept 30th, 2022.

We strongly recommend you to upgrade all existing platforms with R80.20/30 to the latest default recommended release R81.10, which would provide you with additional value

-              Autonomous threat prevention

-              Security policies are installed in seconds

-              +50% in log server performance & Dynamic log server distribution

-              Native support for TLS1.3 for HTTPs inspection

-              Maestro Hyperscale mix-and-match to leverage different Quantum, gateways at the same security group

-              Significant time reduction in completing day to day tasks on the management

-              Dynamic balancing to achieve optimized performance

-              Additional APIs support

Please contact me in any related question or query

Regards,

Yaron Weiler

6 Replies
Adity12
Collaborator

Hi Yaron,

I have some question about upgrading to version R81.10

1. If customer currently installed R80.20 take 101, can i upgrade directly to R81.10? or i should upgrade to R80.40 firstly and then the second upgrade directly to R81.10.

2. whether if I upgrade management first, from R80.20 take 101 to R81.10 and then I use central deployment from SmartConsole to upgrade another cluster gateway. is this method recommended?

3. is this recommended, if i upgrade version of Check Point done by remote, and doesn't need to access directly appliance? or i need access directly to appliance.

Thanks Regards 

Dio Aditya P

0 Kudos
just13pro
Collaborator

Hi Aditya,

Let me try to answer the questions.

1) AFAIK, from R80.20 you need to upgrade to R80.40 first before you can go to R81.10.

You can use the upgrade wizard at https://supportcenter.checkpoint.com/supportcenter/portal?eventSubmit_doShowupgradewizard to check.

2) Yes, you are right. You need to update the Management Server first.

3) You can do a remote and upgrade the OS. 

0 Kudos
Milan_Jovanovic
Contributor

0 Kudos
Milan_Jovanovic
Contributor

0 Kudos
Milkyas
Explorer

Hi Yaron,

We have R80.30 SMS and GWs. Recently we have upgraded the SMS to R81.10 but the GWs are still using R80.30.

When we try to export snapshot of the GWs there is an error stating "Cannot export snapshot, insufficient space in /var/log/". Is there any other options that we can take backup before upgrading the GWs to R81.10??

Regards

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

Use Gaia backup, it is more economical in terms of the required disk space. Also, during an in-place upgrades, the system creates a local snapshot and reverts to it automatically in case of failure. 

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events