cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
_Val_
Admin
Admin

R80.20 has recommended status now!

To all CheckMates, we have good news for you!

As of today, R80.20 take 101 with Jumbo Hotfix Accumulator take_17 (as described in SK137592) is the default version (widely recommended) for all deployments.

This version is available for download via CPUSE and from the R80.20 home page (SK122485).

17 Replies
Danny
Champion Champion
Champion

And here is the link to Check Point's recommendation: sk95746

Vladimir_Nezbed
Explorer

Has the bug with locking the admin profile after doing a  change to it (e.g. changing the password) been solved already?

0 Kudos
Tal_Paz-Fridman
Employee
Employee

Hi Vladimir,

Can you share some details about this issue? 

What are the necessary steps to reproducing it?

Thanks

Tal

0 Kudos
Vladimir_Nezbed
Explorer

Hi Tal,

I just recieved the information few weeks ago, that there is a bug in R80.20 with the primary admin account and when you do a change to that account (e.g. change a password) the session gets stuck and you will need to contact TAC to get a procedure to fix it. I thought this was publicaly known issue. Did not have time to LAB it myself yet.

0 Kudos
Tal_Paz-Fridman
Employee
Employee

Hi Vladimir,

I tried reproducing it again on my environment in a couple of different ways, but it did not reproduce.

Can you try reproducing it in your lab and perhaps sending a video of the exact flow (when you manage to reproduce it)?

Alternatively if a someone that has run into send exact steps and/or a video.

Best wishes

Tal

0 Kudos
Matthew_Dale1
Participant

Except if you need Load Sharing.. which should be sometime between now and August.

_Val_
Admin
Admin

I would not build up expectations for that. In my personal opinion, old school ClusterXL Load sharing outlived its usefulness and is bound to die 

Matthew_Dale1
Participant

The known limitations already states it is planned to be resolved in H1, I personally don't opt for it anywhere but there are people still using it.

0 Kudos
Ryan_St__Germai
Advisor

Not that we use it or would ever use it but what would you opt for instead of ClusterXL load sharing?

0 Kudos
Tomer_Sole
Mentor
Mentor

The countdown to R80.30 has already begun! Smiley Happy  What's New In SmartConsole 

Yasushi_Kono1
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Tomer,

I have one customer who has his Check Point environment under R77.30. He wants to migrate to R80.X. If you said that R80.30 is about to be finalised, would you recommend to wait until R80.30 has been released or do you see any benefit from migrating to R80.20 right away?

I have seen that with a Multi-Domain Server, there is no option to migrate several DMSses into the new MDS. Can you figure out a solution for that? This is particularly if you do not want to migrate the whole MDS to R80.20. Just a portion of all CMAs available.

Thanks a lot in advance for your assistance.

(!!hadoT)

Kind regards,
Yasushi

0 Kudos
Norbert_Bohusch
Advisor

I think it takes some time until R80.30 and even then it will not be recommended version from day 1.

R80.20 just got recommended state some days ago, so I would move to R80.20 if the environment upgrade has to be in next months.

Only reason to go for R80.30 would be new features you really need.

Regarding MDS and DMS migration scenarios. This is part of roadmap but no ETA yet. The underlying infrastructure was created with the new upgrade/migrate tools which are used for migrations from R80.20.M1 and later to new versions.

Kaydo_Bramble
Explorer

So users upgrading from pre-R80 should go to R80.20 GA, instead of M2?  Is there a reason to not go to M2?

0 Kudos
Pedro_Boavida
Contributor
Contributor

Regarding the R80.20 GA, I was surprised noticing that MABDA hotfix wasn't neither incorporated nor available (just like in R77.30 and R80.10). Not even on the latest JHF (take 33).

I didn't expect to loose features by moving forward to recommended release. This is a constraint in most cases. 

Already discussed this subject with TAC and its being developed and expected somewhere soon (hopefully in february).

This is an important feature and shouldn't receive less attention. Relying on IE in order to have SNX working properly is hard to explain.

Hope this raise some flags....

Pedro_Boavida
Contributor
Contributor

Hi 

Fortunately the patch that enables mabda was released this week and this is no longer an issue. 

Txs

Vincent_Andrie1
Explorer

Is there any idea when the new kernel will be available for the R80.20 gateways? 

Just upgraded gateways from R80.10 to R80.20 but they still have the old 2.4 kernel. 

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

Both R880.10 and R80.20 have 2.6, not 2.4 kernel. 3.10 kernel is available for could based and Hp Gen10 based gateways already. Also, Management image is updated to 3.10 kernel. For the rest, please standby, it should be available later on 

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events