Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
biskit
Advisor
Jump to solution

R80.10 to R80.20 Upgrade Failing

I'm trying to upgrade a SmartCenter server from R80.10 to R80.20

I've downloaded the package.  The verifier runs fine and says OK to upgrade.  I'm on the latest CPUSE build and got tons of disk space.

I've tried 4 times and it fails the same way each time.

I applied the latest JHFA for R80.10 and that worked fine, and rebooted.

But the R80.20 upgrade still fails, from both CLI and WebUI.

Here's what I see in CLI.    

Result: Did not find any new packages

Capture.PNG

Anyone else come across this?

Thanks,

Matt

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
biskit
Advisor

Quick update, @Liat_Cihan helped with this and provided a solution in CPUSE build 1731.  I've now successfully completed an in-place upgrade (to R80.30).

View solution in original post

5 Replies
FedericoMeiners
Advisor

Hello

I highly advise to perform a migrate export with the R80.20 migration tools, perform a fresh install and do a migrate import. If you follow this path be sure to check file integrity prior and after transfer and test it on a VM.

If you insist to follow the inplace upgrade, have you tried updating to the latest CPUSE and then perform it via Web UI?

Federico Meiners

Admin
Admin
Someone else had mentioned that this broke with a recent update to the Deployment Agent.
Best to check with the TAC.

That said, I second the recommendation to do a management upgrade from R80.10 to R80.20 using migrate export/import.
This will allow you to use the more robust xfs filesystem, which may also impart a small performance benefit.
However, this cannot be done in place and requires a fresh install.
0 Kudos
HeikoAnkenbrand
Champion Champion
Champion

Plan B:

I recommend a fresh install on management server. I always use this path. Then no old files and slinks on the new system:-)

Doing:

1) Install R80.20 migration tools and execute  a migrate export on the old R80.10 server. Download the migrate export file to your pc.

# ./migrate export /var/log/migratefile

2) Start a fresh installation R80.20 and execute the first configuration wizard (use the same IP from the old management server)

3) Upload the migrate export file to the new management via winscp. Now start the migrate import on the new management server.

# ./migrate import /var/log/migratefile.tgz

➜ CCSM Elite, CCME, CCTE
0 Kudos
Tal_Paz-Fridman
Employee
Employee

Hi

I am adding my colleagues from R&D @Boaz_Orshav and QA @Liat_Cihan  to take a look.

Tal

0 Kudos
biskit
Advisor

Quick update, @Liat_Cihan helped with this and provided a solution in CPUSE build 1731.  I've now successfully completed an in-place upgrade (to R80.30).

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events