cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kehagen
Contributor
Jump to solution

R77 errors

We had a power outage and now our checkpoint is getting errors. One error is from the management dashboard when trying to install policy...Installation Targets Version Policy Type Details
hostname R77.20 Network Security Installation failed. Reason: TCP connectivity
failure ( port = 18191 )( IP = x.x.x.x )[ error no. 10 ].

and another error is when I console in:

error_logging: failed to retrieve directory path for product 'cpshared'. Cannot set cyclic log file for product 'cpshared' application 'cprid'.

tried to google these errors and it looks like there are corrupted files in the registry3.  Does that sound correct?  

any advice on how to fix this?  

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kehagen
Contributor

Yes, I know it's unsupported.  We are working on that.  I inherited it this way.  I finally found an article on checkpoint support that solved the problem.  It was this one....https://support.checkpoint.com/results/sk/sk105510.  

View solution in original post

5 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

The inability to reach the gateway on TCP 18191 needs to be solved.
You need to check the connectivity and ensure there are no devices blocking the communication.

Your best bet for fixing this is, most likely, restoring from backup.
Or reinstalling from scratch.

What kind(s) of devices are involved here?

the_rock
Legend
Legend

R77.20?? If so, totally unsupported, but anyway...seems like connectivity issue. Can you try reboot it and see what happens?

Andy

0 Kudos
kehagen
Contributor

Yes, I know it's unsupported.  We are working on that.  I inherited it this way.  I finally found an article on checkpoint support that solved the problem.  It was this one....https://support.checkpoint.com/results/sk/sk105510.  

the_rock
Legend
Legend

Good job! 👍

0 Kudos
(1)
_Val_
Admin
Admin

I would advise you to plan upgrading this to the supported version ASAP

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events