cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Polina_1
Participant

Migration of Domain Server between Multi-Domain Management Servers

Hello,

We are currently facing the task of migrating Domain Server between MDS servers.
In https://support.checkpoint.com/results/sk/sk156072 there is the following requirement:
Before you export a database, you must:
- Update the Application Control signatures
- Update the Anti-Virus, Anti-Bot, and IPS signatures
- Discard or publish all sessions.

Am I correct in understanding that these actions must be performed only on the source Domain Server?

We do not have Internet access from the source MDS server. We need to perform offline updates of Application Control signatures, Anti-Virus, Anti-Bot, and IPS signatures. According to https://support.checkpoint.com/results/sk/sk103882, only the Application Control and IPS signatures can be updated on the Management Server. The other signatures are updated on the gateways.
Could you please tell me how this requirement from sk156072 should be implemented in this case? And what happens if we update only the Application Control and IPS signatures before export?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
toblun
Explorer
Explorer

Hi,

You should only need to update on the exported domain server, just follow the mentioned SK.

I guess it would not be any issues regarding to only update app/ips before export but update everything as mentioned would be good choice since you still going to update those two.

0 Kudos
Polina_1
Participant

We could update all the signatures. I just don't understand how to update manually and offline Anti-Virus, Anti-Bot signatures on a domain server.
I looked at the functionality in SmartConsole and there is no manual update function.
Will we face domain import errors if we don't update Anti-Virus, Anti-Bot?

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

I haven't seen any reports of this on the community.
Anti-Virus and Anti-Bot mostly use ThreatCloud.

As long as you update IPS and App Control signatures before doing the export, you should be good.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events