Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sushantjoshi
Contributor

Maestro with VSX and VSLS enabled

I was just trying to understand how does Maestro works with VSX and VSLS enabled.

Let say if I have 1 security group 3 gateways and 1 unit of maestro on 2 Different DC.

Just wanted to understand will a single Virtual System get replicated across the other DC if I create a new one that means TESTFW1 in DC1 and TESTFW2 in DC2. TESTFW1 and TESTFW2 being a single Virtual System spread across 2 DC. Is that how it works ? 

I only have experience with a VSX Cluster environment managed by SMS.

Question might be bit vague. You can let me know if it is unclear 

Thank you community

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

This is handled by the SMO concept, sk181986 provides a view of how it looks at the CLI for reference.

Note chassis / site terminology is interchangeable here

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
Wolfgang
Authority
Authority

@sushantjoshi first of all you have to decide if you‘re running you‘re Maestro environment in Dual Site or not. 
single-site or multiroom … all SGMs in a SG are active, this will be the same with VSX. All SGMs are running all VS as active and share the underlaying infrastructure (CPU, RAM, etc.)

Dual-Site…. In a Dual-Site environment you have an active and and a standby site. All SGMs of the active site are active and the standby site does „nothing“ except monitoring availability and syncing connections. But if you‘re running VSX you can enable VSLS and distribute you‘re VS between you‘re sites. This means VS1 will be active on site1 and using all resources from site 1 and VS2 will be active on site 2 and is using all resources from site 2. If one of the sites is failing the other site will take the job. With this you have something like active/active, but one VS can be only active at one site and can‘t use the resources of the other site.

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events