Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lukasdk6
Explorer
Jump to solution

Licensing SG80A-L50 (1100) Home User

Hi!
I bought an 1100 applicance (topic model), it came with version R75.20.25 (983003634) and I can't do anything with that version, not even update. I saw that apparently already has an R77, but I can't download it. How would I go about licensing for home use? Or upgrade to the latest version available? Would it be expensive or viable? It would be just for some blocks or learning about gaia platform. If licensing or something is not available, I will return the product. Thanks in advance! Lucas.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin
That model runs Embedded Gaia which is not the same as regular Gaia.
Also, you are limited to R77.20.80 which is the last release supported on that model.
If it's actually an SG80 then you're stuck on R75.20.

If you want to learn about Gaia, you're better off downloading R80.40 and installing in a VM.
Or better yet, check out our new CheckMates Labs, where you can play with pre-configured environments: https://community.checkpoint.com/t5/CheckMates-Labs/bg-p/CheckMatesLabs
Right now, we only have one lab posted but are expecting to make more available in the near future.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin
That model runs Embedded Gaia which is not the same as regular Gaia.
Also, you are limited to R77.20.80 which is the last release supported on that model.
If it's actually an SG80 then you're stuck on R75.20.

If you want to learn about Gaia, you're better off downloading R80.40 and installing in a VM.
Or better yet, check out our new CheckMates Labs, where you can play with pre-configured environments: https://community.checkpoint.com/t5/CheckMates-Labs/bg-p/CheckMatesLabs
Right now, we only have one lab posted but are expecting to make more available in the near future.

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events