Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
the_rock
Legend
Legend
Jump to solution

License question

Hey guys,

Hope someone can confirm this for me. Customer advised me they got their licenses renewed for another year and I can see them in their UC, but, just wondering, is there any way to update this with few clicks from smart update to reflect correct date or we have to go in and license one by one from user center?

Cheers,

Andy

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Got a reasonable answer from account services guy...basically, easiest way is get all the licenses downloaded from UC, then add them via smart update (they all go to repository) and then attach them to their perspective targets.

I was hoping there was a little easier way, but guess not : - )

NEVER easy with CP licensing lol

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Got a reasonable answer from account services guy...basically, easiest way is get all the licenses downloaded from UC, then add them via smart update (they all go to repository) and then attach them to their perspective targets.

I was hoping there was a little easier way, but guess not : - )

NEVER easy with CP licensing lol

0 Kudos
Tal_Paz-Fridman
Employee
Employee

Security Gateways that are connected to the Internet and if the system has relevant consent flags enabled will do it automatically.

See sk175504 - How to configure Check Point software to upload data to Check Point / download data from Check Point in versions R81.20 and higher:

https://support.checkpoint.com/results/sk/sk175504

sk111080 - How to configure Check Point software to upload data to Check Point / download data from Check Point in versions R81.10 and lower:

https://support.checkpoint.com/results/sk/sk111080

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Thanks brother. I was really hoping there was somewhere in smart update that would let people do this quick, but not according to Account services. O well, not a big deal, if we run into any issues, we will call in...not too concerned about it : - )

Have a great night!

Andy

0 Kudos
Tal_Paz-Fridman
Employee
Employee

SmartUpdate which is a legacy tool still allows this, but there is no reason to use it when it is done directly and automatically from the Security Gateway

SmartUpdate.png

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Right, but thats only to update contracts. We will follow advice from Account services guy, it makes sense to me and see what happens. If any issues, we will contact them.

Cheers and thanks again!

Andy

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events