cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jnewing
Explorer
Jump to solution

LOM Firmware Upgrade Failing on CP 12200

So I recently purchased a used Check Point 12200 for my homelab and learning, I was trying to update the LOM firmware on this model. It's current at 1.3.50091 I checked here: https://support.checkpoint.com/results/sk/sk88064 and this looks like I should be able to upload the LOM fw to version 2.8? However when I download the file and upload it via the LOM interface I get and error stating: "The uploaded firmware is not for this model, please re-upload a suitable firmware."

Also I get a weird issue when trying to download the fw from this page: https://support.checkpoint.com/results/download/107106 it appears to want to download it as a .txt or something odd.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
_Val_
Admin
Admin

Access to updates and upgrades is part of the software download agreement. If you purchased your appliances from Check Point and have a valid support contract in place, the links should work for you. Please make sure you log into the support center beforehand though.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin
0 Kudos
jnewing
Explorer

Thanks, however all these links to FW seem to be dead. Example: http://supportcontent.checkpoint.com/file_download?id=34263

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

When you are not entitled to download something, you are given a 404 error instead of a more informative message.
This is a side effect of the new support site we recently launched.

As these links work as an employee, I presume it is because you don't have Software Subscription.
Software Subscription is required to download most items from SupportCenter.

0 Kudos
jnewing
Explorer

That's a big yikes. For support and things like IDS, AV etc... I could understand but for something as low level as FW updates seems a little ick.

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

Access to updates and upgrades is part of the software download agreement. If you purchased your appliances from Check Point and have a valid support contract in place, the links should work for you. Please make sure you log into the support center beforehand though.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Which version are you trying to download?

Andy

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

What phoneboy gave you makes sense. I only did this on 6400 and 6200 devices and did not have to do any intermediary steps, which appears to be required on model you have.

Andy

0 Kudos
jnewing
Explorer

This is true how and I would love to do this however none of the fw download links work.

0 Kudos
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

If you're still stuck reach out to TAC via an SR and they can put the files on the SFTP for you.

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
(1)
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Just do what @Chris_Atkinson said...I had clients do that when I was on vacation and TAC would always provide them the files they could not access.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events