cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rajput_Arvind
Contributor

Is R80.20 more stable than R80.10

Hi,

Wee are planning to upgrade our MDS which is running on R77.30. So I just wanted to know if R80.20 more stable than R80.10. So we can go to more stable version. Please suggest.

Thanks

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Maik
Advisor

Go with R80.30 as it is the newest release and also recommended by Check Point.

But to answer your question; yes in my opinion R80.20 is more stable than R80.10. I am sure that some people here will say the opposite as it depends on your personal "bug history" I guess. 😛

But if you are still running 77.30 you should avoid to go to 80.10 now, as 80.10 has become quite old and also lacks of some features which 80.20 and 80.30 offers (e.g. dynamic objects...). A full list can be found in the related release notes.

Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion

I completely agree with Maik, forget about R80.10, make sure to start with a clean install server of R80.20 or R80.30 as there is a new improved filesystem in these versions.
When you decide to go for R80.30, which is the current recommended version, do NOT install any Jumbo before you have finished the migration.
We have a R80.30 MDS running already for a while, which we had on R80.10 before, we only had issue then with domains that wer migrated from R77.30 to R80.10 before the migration to R80.30.

We did a attempt to migrate 102 domains in a R77.30 setup to R80.30 but ran into the jumbo issue, by that time it was to late to start over.
30 domains take about 8 hours to migrate.
Regards, Maarten
Rajput_Arvind
Contributor

Thanks for sharing the information
0 Kudos
Tal_Paz-Fridman
Employee
Employee

I agree and as other have stated R80.30 is is considered as Check Point's default version (widely recommended for all deployments). 

R80.30.jpg

https://supportcenter.checkpoint.com/supportcenter/portal?eventSubmit_doGoviewsolutiondetails=&solut...

Tal

0 Kudos
Marco_Valenti
Advisor

you were able to import more domain after the installation of the jumbo hotfix?

Dunno maybe I was lucky I was able to import 77.30 domain into r80.30 with jhf take 19 on

0 Kudos
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion

I only got to the point where we needed to import the secondary servers which we never succeeded to do. Since our other MDS is running R80.30 we have not needed to migrate a single customer over to R80.30 yet.
So sorry I have not done any.
Regards, Maarten
0 Kudos
Peter_Lyndley
Advisor
Advisor

For MDS or management server in General i would strongly recommend R80.30 with the latest JHF.

For gateways the answer might be different
0 Kudos
Kim_Moberg
Advisor

Hi Rakput
As the others tell you. Go for R80.30.
For me its stable.
I have had an issue with accessing gateways via site2site whether it was ssh or webui from non-local subnet since r80.20.
I was told today it is included in the next jumbo which is not take 50.

If you dont have this issue go for it.
Best Regards
Kim
0 Kudos
FedericoMeiners
Advisor

For MDS 80.30 without questions.

For Gateways I strongly preffer R80.30, for me it's like a more stable and peformant version of R80.20. With R80.20 I had some strange issues, maybe they were bad luck but who knows.

Regards,

Mentor
Mentor

Or wait much more and go for R80.40 😄

Kind regards,
Jozko Mrkvicka
0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events