cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aimad_Ghoudane
Explorer

Inter routing VLAN witch checkpoint

Hello

First of all sorry for my english, i'm not an english native speaker.

I have one question.

Let me try to explain the issue.

I have a firewall checkpoint gaia in r77.30 software version.

The FW is connected to the LAN throught a cisco switch 2960 (fyi it is a switch not a router).

My FW is my DHCP.

My FW is connected to the port LAN 1 and port Gig 1/0/1 on my cisco switch 2960.

My port Gig 1/0/1 is in trunk mode.

I created a VLAN 2 and VLAN 3 on my FW

I created a VLAN 2 and VLAN 3 on my switch.

I connected a laptop on port Gig 1/0/10 on my cisco switch

I connected a laptop on port Gig 1/0/11 on my cisco switch

My 2 ports are in "switch port mode access" - "switchport access vlan 2" for the first laptop  and "switchport access vlan 3" for the second laptop.

My DHCP works fine and i have an ip on vlan 2 and an ip in vlan 3 but from vlan 2 i cannot ping vlan 3. Why ? How to test an inter-vlan routing with a firewall checkpoint ?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Danny
Champion Champion
Champion

1 - If your Laptops are running of Microsoft Windows you might want to check that the Windows firewall policy accepts ping requests.

2 - Check that your firewall permits pings between VLAN2 and VLAN3. Check within SmartLog or SmartView Tracker if you can see the accepted ping request. Make sure that VLAN2 and VLAN3 is also configuration within your firewall objects topology within SmartDashboard identically to what you have configured at the GAiA WebUI.

3 - At the expert mode CLI of your firewall run: fw monitor -e 'accept host(ip on vlan2);' and do another ping test. Check the output of fw monitor

0 Kudos
Aimad_Ghoudane
Explorer

Thanks for your quickly reply.

1 - Yes i have 2 windows laptop. Ping is ok because when they are in the same subnets, they can ping and anyway i have turned off my windows firewall on both computer.

2 -  Check within SmartLog or SmartView Tracker --> It is in lab environement for the moment, so i did not install and configure these features.

2.1 - Make sure that VLAN2 and VLAN3 is also configuration within your firewall objects topology within SmartDashboard identically to what you have configured at the GAiA WebUI --> I just  add vlan2 and vlan3 within my FW objects topology. Let me know if you are ok with this, check my attachment please.

3 - I will check this point after.

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events