Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fjulianom
Advisor
Jump to solution

Identity Collector and VPN SSL/SNX

Hi community,

My customer has a deployment with many security gateways that currently are using AD Query to map users with IP addresses. He is moving to Identity Collector, and after installed and configured, right now the security gateways are learning login events from both AD Query and Identity Collector. Now and before migrating to only Identity Collector we have a doubt. My customer also has a security gateway running VPN SSL and VPN SNX for remote users, and it validates the remote users againts AD. Do we have to change anything on the configuration of VPN SSL/SNX?

Regards,

Julián

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Yes, it simply means making sure Remote Access is configured as an Identity Source on the relevant gateway object:

image.png

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

The actual authentication of VPN users doesn't leverage Identity Collector. So this would be more about what you don't remove when decommissioning ADquery e.g. LDAP Account units or Radius servers etc.

There is also the ability to leverage "remote access" as an identity source for identity awareness enforcement in your security policy.

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
fjulianom
Advisor

Hi Chris,

The actual authentication of VPN users doesn't leverage Identity Collector. So this would be more about what you don't remove when decommissioning ADquery e.g. LDAP Account units or Radius servers etc.

Do you mean my remote users will be still authenticated using RADIUS against the AD and we don't need to touch anything for the remote access section?

Regards,

Julián

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Yes, it simply means making sure Remote Access is configured as an Identity Source on the relevant gateway object:

image.png

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events