cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kobilevi
Participant

Gaia applaince -15600 Lab

hello

i need to reclaim my network to lab, i have 2 checkpoint 15600 that connect with cluster and 1 server that manage the friewalls  

what is the best practice to build this lab ?

i need server that running smartdashbord too?

thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

It depends on what your ultimate goal with this lab is.
But yes, these gateways will require a management server just like every other gateway.
Whether you use your production management or stand up something for your lab, again, depends on your ultimate goal.
0 Kudos
kobilevi
Participant

ok thanks alot!
my goal is to check access control changes, so if that is any change that i need to do i will try it first in the lab.. where i need to start ?
what is the best way to suimulate this lab?
0 Kudos
Lari_Luoma
Ambassador Ambassador
Ambassador

I have this kind of lab environment. My SMS is a VM on ESXi (HW: HPE DL380p). Gateway is a Check Point appliance. The model is not relevant here. Core switch is Cisco 3750. ESXi enables me to test different scenarios with Identity Awareness for example by installing a Windows Server etc. and Cisco to run several testing environments parallel.

Cisco also works as my DHCP-server issuing IPs to my lab wifi. This is kind of cool because it allows me to connect to my lab from my bedroom using a phone or pad. I've been planning to add a small console router as well, so that I wouldn't have to run to the garage when a serial connection is needed.

In your case you could build something similar having the 15600-cluster in the middle as your main firewall. I don't have two similar appliances, so I'm only running a single gateway (model depends on whatever I have available usually 4K or 5K series). I can set up VMs with clustering if needed.

What comes to SmartConsole, I can run it on any windows computer or VM connected to my lab wifi.

Lab-network_no_ips.jpg

0 Kudos
kobilevi
Participant

very nice!
where i can start to build this lab?
0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events