cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post a Question

Did anyone install "Dynatrace agent" on CheckPoint GW?

Hello,

did anyone installed the "Dynatrace Agent" on a CheckPoint Firewall Gateway? Dynatrace is a Monitoring solution and it Looks like our Company wants to use it to Monitor our Servers and so on. But installing an Agent on a Firewall Gateway is not an easy Task.

So if someone has any experience please let me know.

Regards

4 Replies
Employee
Employee

Re: Did anyone install "Dynatrace agent" on CheckPoint GW?

They are not in any of the partner listings, and looking at their page, you would be installing a java program. This would not be supported, and I would be very hesitant to install it.

0 Kudos
Admin
Admin

Gaia is a hardened, purpose-built operating system.

In general, the installation and usage of third-party software on Gaia is not supported.

We provide SNMP that third party applications can use for monitoring.

Our Technology Partners may use other APIs for monitoring as well.

HI,

I totally agree with Jim and Dameon - installing some 3rd party software client may cause serious pain.

I also had a short look at the site of Dynatrace. I don´t think, that you´ll have that much to monitor for the firewall. Even the "Network Monitoring" part is focussed on Web Application/Containers.

The only thing i can think of, the checkpoint might be interesting are the logs, which I assume may be OK, when sent via syslog (maybe LEA is accepted too).

Even looking for "Firewall" here Community Forums | Dynatrace Answers  only comes up with things like "which ports to open" and so...

Daniel

0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I totally agree with you all. I just wanted to make sure that I did not miss a thing or perhaps someone else provides information about other products they are using to Monitor the Firewall except SNMP.

Regards

0 Kudos