Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andrew_Larrick
Participant

Create InterVSX VLAN/Subnet?

I am working on a project to Isolate multiple legacy applications that cannot, or its far too much work to re-ip.

I have figured out how to do this at a layer 3 level with 2 firewalls and a dummy network in between them.    I plan to do this on a pair of virtual systems in a VSX cluster.  

My Question is, is it possible to create a VLAN/Subnet combo that exists ONLY between two virtual systems in the same cluster?  Or do I have to send this traffic out a switch just to have it come right back to the same hardware cluster?

Thanks for any help.

Drew Larrick

0 Kudos
6 Replies
genisis__
Leader Leader
Leader

I believe you can just create an internal WRP link if you want it to be just directly connect, you might also be able to create a virtual switch and link that way as well.

0 Kudos
Bob_Zimmerman
Authority
Authority

Yes, both of these definitely work.

0 Kudos
Andrew_Larrick
Participant

Can someone point me to a Doc that explains how to create a Vswitch with just an interal link?    When I go to create a Vswitch it asks what Interface and/or  VLAN,  Do I just make something up even if it doesn't really exist in my Trunk?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
genisis__
Leader Leader
Leader

Create the vsw from the DMS that controls the VSX appliance. The from the individual DMS you should be able to create a WRP link

0 Kudos
Wolfgang
Authority
Authority

Communication between the two virtual systems via the virtual switch works only if both virtual systems are active on the same clusternode. Using VSLS and running one virtual system on node A and the other virtual system on node B requires communication via an external switch.

0 Kudos
genisis__
Leader Leader
Leader

That would make sense, so the design of this would require by VS's to be activate on one node.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events