cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
orion_son30
Participant

Copy cluster properties

Hi,

I'm starting a new deployment where I need to migrate two different clusters (5000 series appliances) to an architecture with two QLS in VSX Cluster. I will have two Virtual Systems to replace the two old clusters. In the future we will have another couple of VSes on this VSX Cluster, but that is an issue for another time.

Regarding the migration from the two different clusters, I have a question regarding the copy of each cluster properties to the new VSes. Normally, I do this manually, but I'm always a little bit worried of this kind of copy, since is very likely to miss something, which will lead to some kind of issue in the maintenance window to do the migration from the old cluster to the new VSes. Is anyone aware of some method to copy the old cluster object properties to the new VS in a more automatic way?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

0 Kudos
5 Replies
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Excellent question. I know, for example, if by copying you are referring to (my logical thinking) of show configuration in clish, what you could do is something like this. On your existing gateway, run this from expert -> clish -c "show configuration" > /var/log/currentconfig.txt

That will save file called currentconfig.txt in /var/log directory. Once you get that file off the appliance, on your new box, just copy it over to same or different directory and then go to clish and run -> load configuration /var/log/currentconfig.txt 

That will load the config or at least try, depending where config does not match and it would give failure. Then you just need to modify the file and run the command again.

Hope that helps. Apologies if you were referring to something else all together.

Andy

0 Kudos
orion_son30
Participant

Hi Andy,

Thanks for your reply. Actually I was talking about the cluster properties on the Smartconsole, like the Mobile Access options, the VPN selection properties and so on.

Best Regards

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I sort of figured after reading your post again. That, Im not sure, but would be amazing if its possible.

Tagging CP master/guru/expert/encyclopedia @PhoneBoy to see what he says. I think if anyone knows if its possible, its him.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

VS objects don't have any API support.
You may be able to use the vsx_provisioning_tool to extract and set certain information, though. 
This tool is covered in the VSX docs: https://sc1.checkpoint.com/documents/R81.10/WebAdminGuides/EN/CP_R81.10_VSX_AdminGuide/Topics-VSXG/C... 

Note that we plan on adding APIs for VSX in an upcoming release.

0 Kudos
orion_son30
Participant

Hi PhoneBoy,

Thanks for your reply. I'll try vsx_provisioning_tool.

Regards

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events