Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DPB_Point
Contributor
Contributor

Configuring CLuster XL step by step

Hi!

I am trying to configure a cluster xl with two gateways and a SMS management server which manage both gateways.

I am working over R80.10 version. And I would be graceful if someone shows me how to configure this step by step.

In the gateways I have only installed the security gateway option, and in this moment the management server sees the gateways, SIC conf is ready, but If I enter in the gateways using CLI the service ha is not working. Any idea?

8 Replies
JozkoMrkvicka
Mentor
Mentor

If you are not very familiar how CLusterXL works, please read following guide where is everything explained:

ClusterXL Administration Guide R80.10

Kind regards,
Jozko Mrkvicka
0 Kudos
DPB_Point
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Jozko! I have follow the guide that you mentioned before, but the Management server doesnt recognise the firewalls and shows the next message: ClusterXL inactive or machine is down. The cpconfig config. is correct, and the services are enabled . Any idea which is the problem?

0 Kudos
Martin_Raska
Advisor
Advisor

Do you have object configured as Cluster gateway with two nodes? Do you have enabled on both nodes cluster membership in cpconfig menu? And last, install policy and check the license.

0 Kudos
DPB_Point
Contributor
Contributor

The licenses seem to be OK. I accomplished the other steps

0 Kudos
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion

Daniel,

From what I am reading you have in the SmartConsole just 2 gateways, not a cluster object with 2 members, is that correct?

If so you need to go to

the Gateways and Servers view top left  

click on the little star in the bar top middle  

Now select Cluster and then select Wizard

Enter the Name of the cluster you want and the main Cluster IP and click Next

now you see a window for adding the members, as you already have them, just select the Add button:

And choose add existing member.

Do this again for the other member and finish the wizard.

Now open the newly created cluster object and check the Network configuration and add the cluster addresses for the interfaces you want to have a Virtual IP.

When all done push the policy and check on the members with cphaprob stat what the status is after the policy was installed.

Regards, Maarten
0 Kudos
DPB_Point
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Maarten!!

Thanks for your reply, but I knew how to do that, I created the cluster and then I Added a new cluster member, then I get the interfaces with topology, I defined the network of the HA interfaces as Cluster+sync, and I defined a Virtual IP in the same range of the adresses defined in both gateways.

Moreover, In each gateway I enable ClusterXL and  I enabled CLuster membership for this GAteway too. But, if I enter the cphaprob state command, the system replies me that the ha module is not started. Any idea of which is the problem?

PD: I published the changes too.

0 Kudos
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion

Ha, did you also Install Policy? Publish is a synonym for save changes, but it does not move them over to the gateways. That is only done when you install the policy on the gateways.

Regards, Maarten
0 Kudos
Martin_Raska
Advisor
Advisor

You should also have same version, same number of cores, same platform, to be able to create cluster.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events