cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Matlu
Advisor

ClusterXL Alert

Hello, team.

I currently have an Appliances 5000 series ClusterXL.

From one moment to another, the equipment that was in "PASSIVE" status, has changed its status to "DOWN".

Someone could guide me, based on the image that I share with you, if the responsibility for the fall of the equipment, is due to a failure of the equipment itself, or if you believe that the responsibility for this fall of the equipment, is due to another reason.

ClusterXL.jpg

Thanks for your comments.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

Have you check the switchport & vlan, any packet loss on this segment?

Which version Gateway/JHF is this?

Please also share the output of "cphaprob -a if"

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
Matlu
Advisor

Hello,

I have a R80.40 version on ClusterXL, with JHF 173.

This is the result to the command you recommended me.

ClusterXL1.jpg

I have the impression, that the problem is because of "other equipment" right?
Maybe a SW, which has created that VLAN, do you think it is a possible reason for the downtime of this equipment?

What would be a solution to "momentarily" get back into the ClusterXL, this equipment that appears as "DOWN"?

Thanks for your comments.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I had customer with this exact issue last year and he told me it was the vlan config on the switch causing this. Sadly, I did not inquire more about it, but that was the final reason.

0 Kudos
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

You need to investigate that VLAN further (201). Perhaps it's no longer required or just missing off a trunk link somewhere? 

Personally, I don't like that you have IP addresses on the main interface (Eth1) and also child sub-interfaces of the same (Eth1.201). Something I would probably avoid doing myself.

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Definitely agree.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events