Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Teddy_Brewski
Contributor
Jump to solution

Cluster members with different interface names

Hello,

R77.30 cluster running on open servers with 1GB NICs.  I'm planning to upgrade cluster nodes with 10GB cards. Can I, for the duration of the upgrade, have one node equipped with 10GB cards assuming that the IP addressing is consistent?

I assume that the interface names will not match, so when I reset the SIC and get the topology from the new node, could it cause issues?

Thank you.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion

In the Dashboard, you can set the interface names of each member, for the same IP network, the ethx.y does not need to be the same on both.

If your asking is it wise to do, that is a different discussion. But yes it can be done.

Regards, Maarten

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion

In the Dashboard, you can set the interface names of each member, for the same IP network, the ethx.y does not need to be the same on both.

If your asking is it wise to do, that is a different discussion. But yes it can be done.

Regards, Maarten
Teddy_Brewski
Contributor

Thank you Maarten Sjouw. In my case it's going to be a temporary change, since at the end the second node will follow the same naming. And if I ask whether it's wise Smiley Happy -- is it a matter of additional thing to consider during troubleshooting, or there is something else involved?

0 Kudos
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion

It is mostly a matter of not supported, difficulties in troubleshooting and anything else you can think of that could go wrong.

Regards, Maarten
0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events