Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LostBoY
Advisor

Checkpoint Version Upgrade

I need to upgrade my R80.10 VSX Cluster to R80.40.. i am looking for step by step procedure or guidance documentation for pre and post activities for the upgrade. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

0 Kudos
10 Replies
t0neex
Participant

Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

LostBoY
Advisor

MVCU is the only procedure supported while going from R80.10 to R80.40 ?

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

No, other methods described by the Upgrade guide are also applicable. Please read the guide for more details

LostBoY
Advisor

Approximately how much time it takes for an entire upgrade on a Mgmt server plus 2 vsx gateway cluster..

Also, my gws arent directly connected to internet..so i should download and import the latest cpuse package , install in each gayeway..then download and import the upgrade package and then begin installation.. is this the correct way ?

0 Kudos
genisis__
Leader Leader
Leader

Suggest you do a clean build, rather then in-place upgrade, and install  JHFA100 (Note: JHFA102 has now been released)

Make sure you take snapshots of the manager/s and VSX gateways before you start.

If you have to roll back the whole lot has be rolled back (there is a command to rollback the VSX version, but it may not be the best option).

0 Kudos
LostBoY
Advisor

I didnt get the clean build part ? do you mean a fresh installation ? 

0 Kudos
genisis__
Leader Leader
Leader

Correct Fresh install.  TAC recommend this over in-place upgrade.

0 Kudos
LostBoY
Advisor

ok..but wudnt it cause all configuration to get diluted ? how do i restore everything on R80.40 in that case.

Is there any step by step documentation for this approach

0 Kudos
genisis__
Leader Leader
Leader

remember All VSX configuration is actually stored on the manager, so you would do a clean build, setup interfaces such as bonds etc.

from the management server then run vsx_util reconfigure command

https://sc1.checkpoint.com/documents/R80.40/WebAdminGuides/EN/CP_R80.40_VSX_AdminGuide/Content/Topic...

I would also suggest going through this, create a plan and raise a Pro-active case with TAC, remember ensure you have a snapshot image stored offline as well.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events