cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
George_Sas
Contributor
Jump to solution

Checkpoint 1570 Appliance upgrade to 81.10 fail with No profile defined on GW

Upgraded our management server to 81.10 , pushed policy to test if all ok and all was ok.

Then took a small office and upgraded the 1570 appliance to 81.10 and tried to push policy.

Standard policy was ok but Threat Prevention fails miserably .

Gateway: DCUK-xxxx
Policy: Standard
- No profile defined on GW DCUK-xxxx
- gen_amw_rulebase_tables: gen_gw_profiles_set failed
- Operation was unsuccessful.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I tested the solution suggested here on sk165935 but it does not work or I do not understand the article correctly ..

I am a bit uncertain of this statement "Assign the IPS profile on the relevant Security Gateway" ... I can only assign a profile on the GW general properties and in this case I can only assign "Custom" ... as Autonomous is not supported by 1500 series.

Am I missing something ?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
George_Sas
Contributor

Well , mistery SOLVED.

After upgrading to 81.10 , the respective gateway was automatically REMOVED from my IPS / Threat prevention policy ????

I just upgraded another one and I noticed that the gateway was removed from the IPS policy after upgrade ?

Pushed policy ... fail.
Checked the IPS / Threat prevention policies and the gateway was NOT on any policy.

Added the gateway to the policy again , pushed policy and all went fine.

I have a policy for the small appliances and the next upgraded gateway vanished from the targets for that policy ... so no wonder the management server came and told me "No profile defined on GW" .. as there was no policy defined for that gateway so there was nothing to push..

I guess this can be defined as a Bug ? Why should a gateway remove itself from the policy after upgrade without any warnings ?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Yes, Autonomous Threat Prevention is not supported on SMB appliances.
"IPS Profile" only applies to pre-R80 gateways, for everything else not using ATP, it will depend on the Threat Prevention > Custom Settings rules.
What precise rules are there?
Screenshots (with sensitive details redacted) will help.

0 Kudos
George_Sas
Contributor

Well, sk165935 does not say to much regarding the IPS profile and gateway type so I was kind confused.

I have also tried to remove the affected GW from the IPS / Threat Prevention rules and follow the SK165935 but this did not help either.

0 Kudos
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

Is this Gateway running R81.10.07 (996001397) or other version/build?

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
George_Sas
Contributor

Gateway runing Version: R81.10 (996000575)

0 Kudos
George_Sas
Contributor

Well , mistery SOLVED.

After upgrading to 81.10 , the respective gateway was automatically REMOVED from my IPS / Threat prevention policy ????

I just upgraded another one and I noticed that the gateway was removed from the IPS policy after upgrade ?

Pushed policy ... fail.
Checked the IPS / Threat prevention policies and the gateway was NOT on any policy.

Added the gateway to the policy again , pushed policy and all went fine.

I have a policy for the small appliances and the next upgraded gateway vanished from the targets for that policy ... so no wonder the management server came and told me "No profile defined on GW" .. as there was no policy defined for that gateway so there was nothing to push..

I guess this can be defined as a Bug ? Why should a gateway remove itself from the policy after upgrade without any warnings ?

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

yes sounds like a bug. Do you have a TAC case as a reference?

0 Kudos
George_Sas
Contributor

No , no TAC case for this, we work with a checkpoint partner which did not open a TAC case I believe.

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

Please ask them to report this to TAC, this is the only way to get it fixed.

0 Kudos
George_Sas
Contributor

Will do , thanks.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events