Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HristoGrigorov

CheckPoint to support social justice

I'd say it will be appreciated if CheckPoint affirms its support of social justice awareness throughout the world and moves made by the tech community to reexamine and replace dated terminology, pledging inclusive language such as:

* Master/Slave to Primary/Secondary

* Blacklist/Whitelist to Deny List/Allow List

6 Replies
Bob_Zimmerman
Authority
Authority

I'm not sure I've seen master/slave used in Check Point features. I know aggregated interfaces are "enslaved" by the bond, but that's a Linux thing which Check Point does not directly control (as an aside, if they had based GAiA on IPSO rather than SecurePlatform, we would probably have FreeBSD's lagg driver and the interfaces in an aggregate would be laggports). Everywhere else I can think of is active/standby/attention/&c. or primary/secondary. It's definitely possible I've forgotten some feature.

I'm also not sure I've seen Check Point themselves use "blacklist" or "whitelist" in the product, though I know individual representatives of the company sometimes use those terms when speaking or writing. Takes time for individuals' speech patterns to change.

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

AFAIK, the work is already in progress. It takes time to go through all the relevant parts of documentation and GUIs. 

Master/slave ate not part of the story, those terms were not in use. But whitelist/blacklist terms are being addressed 

HristoGrigorov

Important thing is you are addressing it already, good. It takes time of course. May be remove mention of slave word from these docs:

https://sc1.checkpoint.com/documents/R80.40/WebAdminGuides/EN/CP_R80.40_CLI_ReferenceGuide/Content/T...

80.40/WebAdminGuides/EN/CP_R80.40_Gaia_AdminGuide/Topics-GAG/Bond-Interfaces.htm

0 Kudos
Bob_Zimmerman
Authority
Authority

Unfortunately, as I mentioned earlier, that’s Linux terminology endemic to the bonding driver.

_Val_
Admin
Admin

@Bob_Zimmerman, exactly that.

0 Kudos
dande
Participant

For "searchers", what are the recommended search terms to use?

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events