cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Blason_R
Leader
Leader
Jump to solution

Can I extract data from solr database using command line?

Hello,

Since checkpoint uses solr database and the documents are indexed, wondering if those can be queried using solr binary? Which does not seems to appearing on OS.

Just like elasticsearch I was thinking if I could query and get the output from solr database for particular search query?

TIA

Blason R

Thanks and Regards,
Blason R
CCSA,CCSE,CCCS
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Timothy_Hall
Legend Legend
Legend

I'd imagine there would be some way to directly query the indexed log database, but I doubt it would be supported.

If you are trying to search logs from a CLI, be aware that version 1.6.1 of the management API added the "show logs" command which can be used to execute log searches through the API.  I presume these searches would be run through the indexer just as they would be in the SmartConsole.

https://sc1.checkpoint.com/documents/latest/APIs/index.html#cli/show-logs~v1.6.1%20

Gateway Performance Optimization R81.20 Course
now available at maxpowerfirewalls.com

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Timothy_Hall
Legend Legend
Legend

I'd imagine there would be some way to directly query the indexed log database, but I doubt it would be supported.

If you are trying to search logs from a CLI, be aware that version 1.6.1 of the management API added the "show logs" command which can be used to execute log searches through the API.  I presume these searches would be run through the indexer just as they would be in the SmartConsole.

https://sc1.checkpoint.com/documents/latest/APIs/index.html#cli/show-logs~v1.6.1%20

Gateway Performance Optimization R81.20 Course
now available at maxpowerfirewalls.com
0 Kudos
Blason_R
Leader
Leader

Hmm - Thats nice point but I would really want checkpoint to provide solr binary to query the indices directly.

Thanks and Regards,
Blason R
CCSA,CCSE,CCCS
0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events