Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
John_Tammaro1
Contributor
Contributor

CPViewer creating blank reports with no data

Hi All,

I have been using the CPViewer VM with mixed results and wanted to reach out to the wider community to understand if this is just me or others have experienced the same ? I am getting a lot of blank screens simply listing no data but only for some customers.

• There seems to be no correlation as to whether this is an R77/R80.10 or R80.20+ cpview database.
  • I have fresh deployed the CPViewer VM recently to rule out any post installation configuration problems with my VM.
  • I am happy the cpview export command is creating data files of between 250Mb and 300Mb depending on the customer environment.

I know this is an open source community tool so figured this would be the place to start this investigation.

Thanks

John

0 Kudos
4 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

You might want to tag @Petar_Markota since he's the progenitor of this tool.

0 Kudos
John_Tammaro1
Contributor
Contributor

Added as a tag, presumably the user gets a notification ?

Thanks for your response.

0 Kudos
Petar_Markota
Employee Employee
Employee

Hi John,

This is happening probably because  .dat files which you are submitting for the analysis contain a db with different parameter names than ones specified in queries within the scripts which are doing the data extraction. Scripts location - /var/www/html/bash CPview_influx77.sh&CPview_influx80.sh.

I saw couple of cases where customers are not using maintrain versions - where db naming schema is completely different, so the scripts which are doing the extraction simply don`t find a match.

I would suggest analyzing the .dat with dbplot tool first (LINK) and then verify if the parameters from it`s db are the same as the ones used for extraction in the scripts from above.

John_Tammaro1
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you kindly for your response.

I will look to review your suggestions as soon as I get the next opportunity.

Regards,

John Tammaro

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

Tue 23 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (EDT)

East US: What's New in R82

Thu 25 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (SGT)

APAC: CPX 2024 Recap

Tue 30 Apr 2024 @ 03:00 PM (CDT)

EMEA: CPX 2024 Recap

Thu 02 May 2024 @ 11:00 AM (SGT)

APAC: What's new in R82

Tue 23 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (EDT)

East US: What's New in R82

Thu 25 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (SGT)