cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pachango
Participant

Bandwith monitoring between hosts

Hello,

Is it possible to use SmartEvent to create a report where you can view the bandwith usage between two hosts?

Let's say we have 10.0.0.1 and 10.0.0.2 and we would like to see how much data was transferred from one host to the other.

I'm moving my way through smartevent but can't really pinpoint the correct report to do so...

Anyone know if this is possible?

Kr

Pac

0 Kudos
2 Replies
the_rock
Legend
Legend

We had case with TAC couple of years back for this exact question and it went nowhere sadly, so Im fairly sure its not possible. Well, at least it was not back then, not sure if anything changed...I looked at smart event for R81.20 in my lab and dont see anything different. You may want to open TAC case jus tto get an official answer.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Before SmartEvent can even potentially do this (and, I'll be honest, I'm not 100% certain), your rules need to be logging the amount of traffic.
This means all rules allowing traffic between those hosts would have to have accounting enabled and/or utilize App Control with Detailed or Extended logging. 
That would make the data available to run a report (again, assuming it can be done).

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events