Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mohideen_Abbas
Participant

All in one eval Licensing issue

Hello ,

can any one help me with below.

For my lab , in my own machine VM , I got All in one Eval  license for 30 days with Management server (R80.10) IP .

I applied successfully to the Secure Management server.But when applying to gateway am facing issues. 

Like its telling no license available. 

The Gateway is R77.10.

Is it not possible to apply license like this . 

0 Kudos
8 Replies
William_Mikanow
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

Dear Mohideen,

Do you have screenshot of SmartUpdate license attachment in order to help you?

This section of Check Mates relates to French speakers

Don't hesitate to post next time in other thread in order to have wider audience.

Have a good day

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

William, I have moved the post from French section, so that's not an issue anymore 🙂

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

Depending on which eval license you generated, it can be All in One or Management only. I would first check if the license is indeed All in One.

If yes, make sure GW part of the license is not attached to the Management object. If you find it attached, detach and assign to your GW instead. To do so, you should generate eval license as "central".

0 Kudos
Mohideen_Abbas
Participant

Hi thanks all,

Am new to this checkmates forum. So i apologies ,for pasting in this forum.. Also i got eval central license but any how GW(77.10 ) dint get licensed.Throwing error. 

But am in very urgent to finish the course. so i installed one more 80.10 Gateway and it got attached automatically . Hence my issue got resolved .

But still i have a question like MGMT server is R80.10 and GW is 77.10 . If i get the Central all in one  eval license , will this combo work.  

Again thanks all for quick responses.

=====================================

Mail which i got ,

Congratulations! Your evaluation product has been successfully added to your account.

Below are the details of the license(s) generated at Check Point's User Center.

Evaluated Product Information:
Name: All-in-one (Security Gateway, Management, all Software Blades)
SKU: CPSG-CPSM-EVAL
Certificate Key: 7E580BFDD7AD

0 Kudos
Stuart_Green
Collaborator

Yes, if you're using SmartUpdate, download the license file and one part will be attached to the management leaving the other part to be attached to the gateway.  Right-click on the gateway > attach licenses > select the license and that's job done.

0 Kudos
Mohideen_Abbas
Participant

I did like that only when i was using the 77.10 but it says no valid license .So  Now after rebuilding the VM with the R80.10 Gaia License got auto attached without any manual effort. 

0 Kudos
Stuart_Green
Collaborator

Sounds like you've got an R80.10 management server and an R77.10 gateway?

Rather than applying a local license, apply a central license using the IP address of the security management server.  One part is then attached to the management server and the other part is attached to the gateway through SmartUpdate.

0 Kudos
Pedro_Espindola
Advisor

In SmartUpdate, did you open license repository and click attach on the CPSG license, attaching to the GW?

What is the exact error message?

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events