Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FabioLima1
Contributor

80.10 - connections is increasing and it is causing slowness for users

Could you help me, I have a vsx environment where the number of connections is increasing and it is causing slowness for users, we have already increased the cnx tab.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

R80.10 is End of Support and you should upgrade to a supported release which includes performance improvements and numerous bug fixes.

Increasing the number of connections supported per VS only increases the number of connection table entries allowed.
It does not increase hardware capacity or address other misconfiguration issues.

Please provide a bit more details about the configuration.
Also, Super Seven commands output will help in terms of troubleshooting performance issues.
https://community.checkpoint.com/t5/Scripts/S7PAC-Super-Seven-Performance-Assessment-Commands/m-p/40...

Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

What's the output of the following from the affected VS: "fw ctl multik stat"

Definitely recommend upgrading to a newer OS version with dynamic dispatcher support for VSX. 

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I agree with the guys...while its true that R80.10 is unsupported and you should upgrade, not just due to version being unsupported, but also TAC helping you, its also true that connection handling/corexl is way better in newer versions. I would say go R80.40 at least, or R81.10 if possible. In my view, R81.10 is VERY STABLE.

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events