Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Nickel

URL/ Applicaiton Filtering

Hi all,

I'm using R80.10. 

The issue I'm facing is that a website that is allowed through URL filtering under "Computer/ Internet" category but being blocked by Application category "Anonymizer".

I'm aware that URL categorisation and Application categorisation are completely separate things and can be checked.

URL categorisation = URL Categorization | Check Point Software Technologies  (account is needed)

and

App wiki =AppWiki | Check Point Software 

Issue:

=====

In R77, URL and Application can be categorised separately

but in R80.10, I cannot find any Application categorisation link. The link I found is very generic and for URL only.

Override Categorization for URL 

Could anyone advise on this, please?

Regards,

B

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted

In my view you have 3 course of actions:

1. If the application exists in the database, add a rule with that application above the "Block Anonimizer" rule, or
  2. If it doesn't exist, create a new URL application object with the desired categories and use that object, or
  3. Create the categorization override.

What happens when you create the override?

Highlighted
Nickel

Are you trying to allow access? If so place an allow for the application above the block for "Anonymizer"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Employee
Employee

In case you would like to suggest a different category to a specific application it can be done via submitting a 'Content Classification' request via the following:

https://usercenter.checkpoint.com/usercenter/portal/media-type/html/role/usercenterUser/page/default...

0 Kudos