cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create a Post
Highlighted
BeaconBits
Nickel

How to check Physical chassis, model number, physical interface 10G etc ...???

Jump to solution

Hi all,

It's not first time but I'm struggling.

Can anyone share a list of general commands to see:

Platform, slot, VSX mode, version etc either for clish or in expert mode.

Actually, I need to see how many 10G interfaces I have left and what Physical model of VSX firewall we are running.

Regards,

B

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: How to check Physical chassis, model number, physical interface 10G etc ...???

Jump to solution

Hi @BeaconBits 

use the "ethtool" to check the interface driver and interface speed/duplex.

With the ethtool you can display the version and type of the driver. For example for the interface eth0.

# ethtool -i eth0

driver: igb
version: 2.1.0-k2
firmware-version: 3.2-9
bus-info: 0000:02:00.0

With "lspci" you can display the pci slot and more:

# lspci -v

More informations to linux network cards, CPU, memory, SecureXL driver, hd, pci slots and many more can you found in linux "proc" directory:

# more /proc/...

You found more informations to supported network cards (10GBit/s and 1GBit/s) with and without multi queueing in my article or in HCL. Network interfaces must use the driver that supports Multi-Queue. Only network cards that use the igb (1Gb), ixgbe (10Gb), i40e (40Gb), or mlx5_core (40Gb) drivers support the Multi-Queue:

R80.x Performance Tuning Tip – Multi Queue

Use this documentation:

Command Line Interface R80.30 Reference Guide

On a collection of articles to many architecture and performance topics and CLI commands:

R80.x Architecture and Performance Tuning - Link Collection

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Re: How to check Physical chassis, model number, physical interface 10G etc ...???

Jump to solution

Hi @BeaconBits 

use the "ethtool" to check the interface driver and interface speed/duplex.

With the ethtool you can display the version and type of the driver. For example for the interface eth0.

# ethtool -i eth0

driver: igb
version: 2.1.0-k2
firmware-version: 3.2-9
bus-info: 0000:02:00.0

With "lspci" you can display the pci slot and more:

# lspci -v

More informations to linux network cards, CPU, memory, SecureXL driver, hd, pci slots and many more can you found in linux "proc" directory:

# more /proc/...

You found more informations to supported network cards (10GBit/s and 1GBit/s) with and without multi queueing in my article or in HCL. Network interfaces must use the driver that supports Multi-Queue. Only network cards that use the igb (1Gb), ixgbe (10Gb), i40e (40Gb), or mlx5_core (40Gb) drivers support the Multi-Queue:

R80.x Performance Tuning Tip – Multi Queue

Use this documentation:

Command Line Interface R80.30 Reference Guide

On a collection of articles to many architecture and performance topics and CLI commands:

R80.x Architecture and Performance Tuning - Link Collection

Tags (1)
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Or this oneliner for speed and duplex:

Interface speed and duplex as list

or Dannyˋs CCC Script:

Common Check Point Commands

Tags (1)
0 Kudos