cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tonyberinson
Explorer
Jump to solution

Using Microsoft Authenticator with Endpoint Security VPN E82.00 Build 986001109

HI all, I am trying to work with Microsoft Authenticator with Endpoint Security VPN E82.00 Build 986001109 on a Mac - on Windows the option exists - but on the MAC - it doesn't appear.

IS it coming in future versions or is there a work around on the current version?

Any help would be appreciated

Tony Berinson

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

After installing E83.20, did you delete and re-add the site afterwords?
I suspect that may be required in this case.
If that doesn't resolve it, it might be worth a TAC case to investigate. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin
I don't think we explicitly list it as an authentication option on Windows, either.
Generally Microsoft/Google Authenticator are handled via RADIUS, which should work fine with the Mac client.
We have a whitepaper on the topic here (not Mac specific): https://community.checkpoint.com/t5/Remote-Access-Solutions/White-Paper-RAS-VPN-with-Azure-and-Micro...
0 Kudos
tonyberinson
Explorer

Thanks for that info

Windows does specifically as for Microsoft Authenticator but Mac Version doesn't hence my question about why the difference? Is it because the Mac Version just hasn't been updated with it yet?

Anyone from Endpoint here who can answer the question.

As for the whitepaper - its to detailed - and as it works already with the windows version - I assume all the setup is correct. 

It just seems to be a defect in the current Mac version of the software.

Anyone care to comment who is from the company?

Tony

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

This option is not available for Mac client. If you are looking for a transparent authentication for Mac users, consider VPN certificate in the keychain as an option

0 Kudos
tonyberinson
Explorer

Its been some 5 months since my last post and I am stunned that Checkpoint hasn't added Microsoft Authenticator option to the Mac Version of the Endpoint Security VPN 

Cmon someone must know and explain why Mac Users are treated with such contempt...

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

The main issue, as I understand it, is the Mac client did not support multiple authentication schemes.
This was addressed as part of E83.20, which was released earlier this week.

0 Kudos
tonyberinson
Explorer

Just loaded the new version and it still doesn't show the Microsoft Authenticator Authentication. 

This is rubbish - they have it on Windows why is it such an issue on Mac?

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

After installing E83.20, did you delete and re-add the site afterwords?
I suspect that may be required in this case.
If that doesn't resolve it, it might be worth a TAC case to investigate. 

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events