cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Maik1
Contributor
Jump to solution

Unable to uninstall Version E80.92

We have to update our VPN Clients, because old versions doesn't work anymore since 1st January. But we are not able to uninstall the version E80.92. We're getting the message "the installer has insufficient privileges to modify this file vsdata.dll". I tried to rename the file, but I can't even with administrator Account. It's not possible to get the rights to delete or rename the file. I tried to uninstall in safemode (look at sk sk103727), does not work. I tried to override the installation with "msiexec /i "Client.msi" USERMODEINSTALL=5", same error. The only solution I found to make a new Windows Installation, but we have about 50 Users with this problem, I don't want to do this :-D.   Is there any better solution or do I have to call checkPoint support?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ED
Advisor

Hi @Maik1 

Run the official fix from Check Point https://supportcenter.checkpoint.com/supportcenter/portal?action=portlets.DCFileAction&eventSubmit_d... 

Then try to uninstall the E80.92 version. If it doesn't show up in installed applications, downloaed the E80.92 installation and install one more time. Then reboot and uninstall. 

View solution in original post

(1)
4 Replies
ED
Advisor

Hi @Maik1 

Run the official fix from Check Point https://supportcenter.checkpoint.com/supportcenter/portal?action=portlets.DCFileAction&eventSubmit_d... 

Then try to uninstall the E80.92 version. If it doesn't show up in installed applications, downloaed the E80.92 installation and install one more time. Then reboot and uninstall. 

(1)
Maik1
Contributor

Thanks a lot!! we could solve such a big problem!

0 Kudos
ymanana
Explorer

@ED Thanx a zillion. I spent hours trying to troubleshoot this. The patch did the trick.

Best

0 Kudos
dryland
Explorer

@ED Thanks so much! 

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events