Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ihenock101
Collaborator
Jump to solution

Selecting the Optimal Option for Check Point R81.10 Security Gateway Capsule Installation

Hi All,

I have a query regarding the installation of the Check Point R81.10 Security Gateway Capsule on Windows. During the installation process, I encountered three available options, and our customers have inquired about the recommended choice. Unfortunately, I am unsure about the differences between these options and which one aligns with best practices. Could you kindly provide clarification on their variances and suggest the most suitable option?

FYI: These are the options I got during installing the .msi file

image_2023_11_16T05_45_22_167Z.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

The licenses you have for Remote Access will determine which option is most optimal for your situation.
Desktop Firewall and Endpoint Compliance require Endpoint Security VPN (and require either Harmony Endpoint or ACCESS SKUs).
Check Point Mobile will work with Mobile Access Blade licenses, but does not have Firewall or Endpoint Compliance.
SecuRemote can be used when you have neither type of license, but it has some significant limitations: https://community.checkpoint.com/t5/Remote-Access-VPN/Quick-Primer-on-How-to-Configure-your-Gateway-...

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

The licenses you have for Remote Access will determine which option is most optimal for your situation.
Desktop Firewall and Endpoint Compliance require Endpoint Security VPN (and require either Harmony Endpoint or ACCESS SKUs).
Check Point Mobile will work with Mobile Access Blade licenses, but does not have Firewall or Endpoint Compliance.
SecuRemote can be used when you have neither type of license, but it has some significant limitations: https://community.checkpoint.com/t5/Remote-Access-VPN/Quick-Primer-on-How-to-Configure-your-Gateway-...

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

Thu 11 Jul 2024 @ 10:00 AM (BST)

CheckMates Live London

Tue 30 Jul 2024 @ 05:00 PM (CEST)

Under the Hood: CloudGuard Controller Unleashed

Thu 11 Jul 2024 @ 10:00 AM (BST)

CheckMates Live London
    CheckMates Events