Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Swiftyyyy
Advisor
Jump to solution

R81.20 Endpoint - psql

Hello,

Due to an ongoing issue in our customers environment TAC had suggested we run a psql command on the database itself.
As we prefer to test these changes prior to implementing in production, our desire was to run the same command in our lab environment which currently has an R81.20 T26 Endpoint server configured.

Unfortunately while running the "psql" command in question, we receive a prompt for a "password" associated with the Database user being used (the user specified by TAC is "endpoint" with the database "uepm", connecting to port 18272).

[Expert@pp-chkp-epm:0]# psql -p 18272 uepm endpoint
Password for user endpoint:

Now at this point we do not know this password; it does NOT seem to correspond to the admin password, expert password OR grub password.

Any clue from CheckMates? Support is somewhat unresponsive at the time (likely due to the situation in Israel), hence why I'm asking if anyone here had the same issue.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Swiftyyyy
Advisor

We actually got a reply from TAC on this matter, but I'd still highly suggest you confirm with them through your own channel.

Here's the reply edited to contain the relevant part.

Hello and good evening

So i consulted about your question and i would like to send you an explanation + correct instructions for the psql:

For Harmony Endpoint Servers, versions R80.40, R81 and R81.10, to connect to the Endpoint Database, run this command from SSH/CLI in Expert Mode:
psql -p 18272 uepm endpoint.

For R81.20 Harmony Endpoint Servers, access to the Endpoint Database is different.
Each Harmony Endpoint Server, for security reasons, has its own complex Database password. RnD provides the password upon request.
To connect to the Endpoint Database without the password, run this command from SSH/CLI in Expert Mode:
psql_uepm -p 18272 uepm endpoint.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
_Val_
Admin
Admin

I would assume they were talking about your Ednpoint GUI administration credentials, both username and password. Best to check with your TAC peer.

0 Kudos
Swiftyyyy
Advisor

TAC hadn't suggested or even mentioned any credentials unfortunately.

Which is reasonable as we had performed these types of operations in the past without any such requirement. I believe this is a fairly new "thing".

0 Kudos
Ben_Dunkley
Contributor

We're seeing the same issue (while attempting to follow sk177250).

We've used psql for uepm previously for various TAC things without getting a password prompt, so I suspect this may be something that changed in R81.20?

0 Kudos
Swiftyyyy
Advisor

We actually got a reply from TAC on this matter, but I'd still highly suggest you confirm with them through your own channel.

Here's the reply edited to contain the relevant part.

Hello and good evening

So i consulted about your question and i would like to send you an explanation + correct instructions for the psql:

For Harmony Endpoint Servers, versions R80.40, R81 and R81.10, to connect to the Endpoint Database, run this command from SSH/CLI in Expert Mode:
psql -p 18272 uepm endpoint.

For R81.20 Harmony Endpoint Servers, access to the Endpoint Database is different.
Each Harmony Endpoint Server, for security reasons, has its own complex Database password. RnD provides the password upon request.
To connect to the Endpoint Database without the password, run this command from SSH/CLI in Expert Mode:
psql_uepm -p 18272 uepm endpoint.

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events