Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
the_rock
Legend
Legend
Jump to solution

Question in regards to harmony mobile

Hey guys,

Apologies if I posted this in wrong section. Just curious, as I could not find answer to this in admin guide or online, does anyone know if there is any possible way to actually move/copy same config from harmony endpoint portal section over to harmony mobile, including same policies, exclusions, etc? I opened TAC case about it, but since I know they are very busy, figured would try here to see if anyone has an idea.

Appreciate the help as always!

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Short answer: not on its own.
It's something I believe an MDM can enforce.

View solution in original post

VirtualLT
Employee
Employee

@the_rock  there is not a specific setting to restrict the user from uninstalling Harmony Mobile.  This really comes from a couple of situations.  We support BYOD and Corporate Device scenarios.  With BYOD and personal devices we can't force users to not remove applications from the personal device.  With Corporate Device scenarios, while you don't have to use an MDM to manage Corp Devices with Harmony Mobile it there are advantages such as pushing the application out to the device with the MDM and then depending on the MDM provider it can restrict the user from removing the Harmony Mobile application.  Remember we are focused on the risk and security of the device and we leverage the integration with MDM/UEM providers for those type of device management tasks.  Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

13 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Pretty sure the answer to this is no at the moment.
That said, it does make sense that some configuration could be shared between these products.
I believe this sort of thing is planned, but not in the near term.

the_rock
Legend
Legend

I sort of figured it might not be possible, but wanted to clarify. Another thing I need to confirm @PhoneBoy ...any clue if harmony mobile can only be used for mobile phones, or can you utilize ipod / tablets (either android or apple)?

Andy

0 Kudos
VirtualLT
Employee
Employee

@the_rock Harmony Mobile can be used to secure Android and IOS tablets.  With Android we also support work and personal profiles with Android Enterprise.  We have use cases where we can secure other Android based devices that are not specific to being a phone or tablet like handheld scanners and other function specific devices.  Situations vary with other types of devices and the implementation of Android.

the_rock
Legend
Legend

Thanks @VirtualLT 

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

@VirtualLT I had another question that I cant find answer to online or admin guide. Apologies, unless Im looking at the wrong place...reading the guide, I cant find an option anywhere where you can set in the portal, so users would not be allowed to uninstall the harmony mobile app themselves. Is there anything you can set in the harmony mobile portal to prevent them from doing so?

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Short answer: not on its own.
It's something I believe an MDM can enforce.

the_rock
Legend
Legend

Thanks @PhoneBoy 

0 Kudos
VirtualLT
Employee
Employee

@the_rock  there is not a specific setting to restrict the user from uninstalling Harmony Mobile.  This really comes from a couple of situations.  We support BYOD and Corporate Device scenarios.  With BYOD and personal devices we can't force users to not remove applications from the personal device.  With Corporate Device scenarios, while you don't have to use an MDM to manage Corp Devices with Harmony Mobile it there are advantages such as pushing the application out to the device with the MDM and then depending on the MDM provider it can restrict the user from removing the Harmony Mobile application.  Remember we are focused on the risk and security of the device and we leverage the integration with MDM/UEM providers for those type of device management tasks.  Hope this helps.

the_rock
Legend
Legend

Thank you. One more thing...do you know if its possible to have say one mobile phone allow access to gambling sites, but block group of other phones access to that category? I looked at policy itself, but cant see it anywhere.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Nm, I  think I see how. Create new group and assign different policy to it.

0 Kudos
VirtualLT
Employee
Employee

You got it @the_rock 

the_rock
Legend
Legend

Thanks a lot to both of you for answering my questions...Im fairly new to this harmony mobile, but so far, I love it, it seems very robust!!

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

I had Harmony Mobile installed on my iPad, and it worked the same as it does on my phone.
I haven't tried an Android tablet, but I imagine it will work there as well.

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events