Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
flachance
Advisor

New Endpoint manager install - can it share the same db with the gw management server?

So currently we have one management server. We want to install a separate endpoint management server.

Even tough it's a separate server can you add it in the existing management server so that they can have the same DB and we don't have to recreate objects?

We did a quick try but we get a SIC error. Peer sent wrong DN

thanks

0 Kudos
5 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

The initial steps to install and connect with your network security management are described here: https://sc1.checkpoint.com/documents/R81.10/WebAdminGuides/EN/CP_R81.10_Installation_and_Upgrade_Gui...

What version/JHF is your network management and endpoint management?
What precise steps did you follow?

0 Kudos
flachance
Advisor

The network management is R81.10 JHF81 (lets call it server1) , the endpoint manager R81.10 no JHF (lets call it server2).

Tried following the steps from the link you mention. I installed GAIA on server2 and configured it as SecurityManagement. I connected to server1 with SmartConsole. Tried to add a checkpoint host corresponding to server2 so that I could enable the Endpoint Policy Management blade on it. Couldn't install the database on it because of SIC. So we ended up connecting SmartConsole to server 2 to perform those steps but of course that created a seperate DB on server2.  I can restart the install of the endpoint management since there is nothing on it yet.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Pretty sure this was possible in the past since it was something I remember us promoting more than a decade ago.
However, after checking with some product experts, it appears current versions don't have this capability.

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

You need to install it as a secondary management and configure MGMT HA. It is in the admin guide.

0 Kudos
flachance
Advisor

OK. But if  we already have a secondary management can you still do that? Can you have two secondary manager?

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events