Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Heisenberg
Contributor
Jump to solution

Media Encryption and Port Protection License

Hi CheckMates,

Im having trouble doing test simulating both Media Encryption and Port Protection capabilities.

We have a client that wants to purchase Harmony Endpoint License. We want to know what are the capabilities and scope of Port Protection because the proposal is only Basic Package. There are no evaluation license for only Basic package so i cant simulate what are included and what is not?

Or what features of Media Encryption and Port Protection should we consider if when choosing Basic of Complete package.  

If we look on the Policies for Media Encryption you can block reading for removable media storage but i would like to know if it also possible on the Port Protection side.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lzm
Collaborator

I've been discussing this with our local SE and we reached the conclusion that Port Protection is available by itself on basic and advanced packages.

The product page confirms that:

Screenshot_36.png

I think it's also time to separate these features on SmartEndpoint and web management. Port protection is dealt together with Media Encryption although they can be sold separately. Same thing for Anti Exploit and Threat Emulation. Anti Exploit comes with the Basic license, but they are manageable together. It's weird from a management point of view.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Media Encryption would only encompass the actual encryption/partitioning of the removable media, as far as I know.
Everything else would be Port Protection.

Historically, these features have been sold together.

0 Kudos
Heisenberg
Contributor

Hi Phoneboy,

So if i only want Port Protection features i still need the license for the Media Encryption? since they share the same blade?

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Not as far as I know.

0 Kudos
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

Data Protection Package – includes Full Disk Encryption and Removable Media Encryption, including Access Control and Port Protection

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
Lzm
Collaborator

I've been discussing this with our local SE and we reached the conclusion that Port Protection is available by itself on basic and advanced packages.

The product page confirms that:

Screenshot_36.png

I think it's also time to separate these features on SmartEndpoint and web management. Port protection is dealt together with Media Encryption although they can be sold separately. Same thing for Anti Exploit and Threat Emulation. Anti Exploit comes with the Basic license, but they are manageable together. It's weird from a management point of view.

Heisenberg
Contributor

Hi LZM,

Yeah its misleading on the customer and the administration side. I would also suggest to have separate Evaluation licenses on Basic, Advance and Complete packages so that engineers can simulate differences in capabilities having different licenses. For example MEPP blade. they both share the same blade but what if you have only basic? you can check the limitations etc.

By the way thanks for the informative answer

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events