Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MildMcHaggis
Explorer

Install Check Point during MECM OSD Task Sequence?

Hi,

I've been trying to install "Check Point Endpoint Security 81.20.7481" toward the end of our OSD task sequence.  

For some reason it starts executing the installation and then it forces the system to restart right at the beginning of the installation - causing the task sequence to fail.  

I have moved the Endpoint Security install toward the end of the task sequence and I have the TS rebooting before it attempts the Endpoint Security installation.  It restarts the computer into "The currently installed default operating system" - which is Windows 10 1809 (and not in WinPE).  So there should not be any pending reboots needed.

It is being installed as an Application and the installation command is:  msiexec /i "EPS.msi" /quiet /norestart

I can run this exact same installation through the MECM Software Center and it properly runs through the install and suppresses the restart as it should.

Any suggestions on how to completely suppress all reboots during the task sequence installation?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Recommend opening a TAC case here as it sounds like the installer is failing for some reason.
Also, have you tried a later release?

0 Kudos
MildMcHaggis
Explorer

I was finally able to try a later release (83.20.3692) and it does the same thing.   

Another team manages Check Point.

No issues when pushing it after the task sequence through SCCM.  So it looks like we're going to have to do that.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

Tue 23 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (EDT)

East US: What's New in R82

Thu 25 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (SGT)

APAC: CPX 2024 Recap

Tue 30 Apr 2024 @ 03:00 PM (CDT)

EMEA: CPX 2024 Recap

Thu 02 May 2024 @ 11:00 AM (SGT)

APAC: What's new in R82

Tue 23 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (EDT)

East US: What's New in R82

Thu 25 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (SGT)