cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lemm
Newcomer

Help in troubleshooting checkpoint endpoint issue

Hi Guys,

I am able to connect to checkpoint client successfully but once connected successfully, there is no traffic for sometime. it may be 2 mins or even upto 30 mins. I collected the trac.log but i am unable to identify the issue. Which log can help me check what could be causing the issue ?

0 Kudos
9 Replies
_Val_
Admin
Admin

GW and client versions, some details of your Remote Access VPN configuration? Office Mode or not? Give us more details, please

0 Kudos
Lesley
Leader Leader
Leader

This

And also was debug enabled in the client when you collected the logs? (!make sure debugging is disabled when you are done big performance factor)

More clients have this issue or only 1?

What do you see in firewall logs if you search on Office mode ip, public ip or username?

-------
If you like this post please give a thumbs up(kudo)! 🙂
0 Kudos
lemm
Newcomer

yes, debug was disabled.

everyone connected to vpn have this issue 😞 Also i dont see anything in firewall logs for office mode IP

0 Kudos
lemm
Newcomer

GW ver :R81.10

client version is 986102705

Yes in office mode

While checking helpdesk log i could see "Incorrect VNA settings during roaming flow - restarting VNA adapter(tcp connections won't survive)." 

In Trac log , observed the below (not sure if this is an error or not )

TcpMultiPipe::socket_rcv_cb: [SEVERE]: Failed to read data from socket: Connection Reset by peer
[tcpserver] TcpMultiPipe::socket_onerror_cb: called the err func, reas was 343

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

Build 986102705 is Endpoint client version E84.70, which is EOL. Use one of the supported Endpoint clients.

Also, sk159192 seems to be relevant to your issue. However, I stick to my recommendation, use a later and support Endpoint client version, please. 

0 Kudos
lemm
Newcomer

thanks for the reply Val,

however if the versions are not compatible, it should not work at all right ? That is not the case here unfortunately.

Lesley
Leader Leader
Leader

Just upgrade there is no reason not to do it. 

"however if the versions are not compatible, it should not work at all right"

This is not true and not a valid argument to not update. There are many issues solved regarding unstable connections it is not that simple that is does or does not work. 

-------
If you like this post please give a thumbs up(kudo)! 🙂
0 Kudos
lemm
Newcomer

GW version :r81.10

client version is 986102705

Office mode is configured

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Hey @lemm 

To me, logically, if people can connect and no access afterwards, that would 100% indicate that something in the rules is missing to allow the access. How do you have rulebase configured for this?

Andy

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events