Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cybersugi
Participant
Jump to solution

Harmony Endpoint Anti-Malware Database update takes forever.

Using Check Point Harmony Endpoint managed via Infinity portal. 

On Windows 10 Anti-Malware Database update takes forever, takes about a day for Windows Security to stop complaining about outdated Anti-Malware database update. 

Few months ago I tired Creating Export package from the portal with Full Signature download (file about 625MB), that worked. 

Tried the same this again this week but is gives definition about 5 months old, takes days to updated. 

Windows Security is constantly warning end users saying the Anti-Malware DB is old. 

It does work eventually work thought after a day or so, But I want a solution to package full signature 

Tried harmony support, don't have a working solution yet. 

I don't want a warning on end users devices to say security solution is out of date.  

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

Recommend having a look at "Super nodes" per sk171703.

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

Which other mechanisms have you explored, super nodes or the update hierarchy for definition downloads?

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
Cybersugi
Participant

thanks for your reply Chris, It is at default settings as per harmony endpoint portal. 

Let me know how to check this. thanks. 

My worry is why the Full package didn't give me current signature definition, considering the file size 630MB. 

Update eventually works, after a day or so, but annoys the End Users thought. 

Some times, I see if I force update from the Client side, after 5-10 minutes it says "No Connection to Server". 

Once is it updated once, it works fine for all future updates. 

0 Kudos
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

Does the issue persist for you even with the latest client version E86.70 ?

Refer also:

updates.png

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
Cybersugi
Participant

thanks, settings are identical to yours 
will test the 86.70 soon and update you soon.  I'll try the Full package download on the latest version too. 

0 Kudos
Cybersugi
Participant

Tested with 86.70. 
Created Export package with full signature, that gave signature 6 weeks old. (2022-09-14) 

Also reduced the Signature update frequency to the lowest (1 hour). 

Tried to push update. now signature updated within an hour. 
I think manual "update now" did the job. 
I don't they the version maters, but the package with most current signature, will update quickly. 

in my next test I'm going to just leave it, just want to see the client updates automatically while its getting other other updates. 

0 Kudos
MikeB
Advisor

According to my experience, the first AV DB update takes quite a while as the bandwidth for this task seems to be limited to only 1 Mbps from the server where they update (I think it was kav8.zonealarm.com).

0 Kudos
Cybersugi
Participant

Solution so for me me. 

1. I tried to use full package when possible. 
2. Reduced update frequency to 1 hours, instead of 4 hour default. 

Anyone know how to setup a Shared Signature Server, We don't use Endpoint SMS. All Cloud solution managed via Infinity portal Harmony endpoint.   
as Chris shown above it has settings to configure Shared Signature server, perhaps I can use that feature to share signature from an existing Endpoint Client in our cooperate network. 

0 Kudos
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

Recommend having a look at "Super nodes" per sk171703.

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events