cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
K_montalvo
Advisor

HARMONY ENDPOINT

Hello experts,

Whats the approach you guys recommend of a deployment for Harmony Endpoint Security for more than 6k+ users and this will include removal of existing  Kaspersky.

1)- I believe theres a specific version that don't use Kaspersky for the anti malware blade, if have more info regarding this kindly share.

2)-When installing the Harmony Endpoint will automatically remove the existing antivirus , including Kaspersky and excluding windows defender?

3)-If you guys have any videos or tutorial of this kind of deployments, kindly share.

Thanks everyone!

7 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

What is the precise state you are starting from on the client side? (i.e. what precisely is installed)
Information about our DHS compliant client is here: https://supportcenter.checkpoint.com/supportcenter/portal?eventSubmit_doGoviewsolutiondetails=&solut...

K_montalvo
Advisor

@PhoneBoy It would be a fresh installation, i just read the link provided and saw that for cloud deployments (this case) its very simple for the compliant consideration. I will be reading the while admin guide i just pending to confirm if the mentioned DHS package would also remove automatically Kaspersky? Or if theres a tool that can help to deploy and also uninstall kindly let me know.

PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

The DHS Complaint client in sk178307 does not contain any Kaspersky code.
If you are upgrading from a previous Harmony Endpoint installation to the DHS Compliant version, it will effectively remove all Kaspersky related code, though it does leave some residual files in some cases as noted in sk178307.
If you have Kaspersky installed via some other mechanism, it won't be uninstalled.

tom_allen
Contributor

I have uploaded the 86.25 client to the management server and created a policy and applied that policy to a virt group. I then placed a cpl test pc's in that group which then di get upgraded to the 86.25 client. Is it an all or nothing deal? Do I need to remove any older client packages from the server before the clients will start to use the DHS blade. 

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Once you deploy the E2 client to a system, it will use that and not use anything Kaspersky.
If you have other systems that don't have the E2 client installed, they will operate as before.

0 Kudos
tom_allen
Contributor

Reason I ask is that I seen the way that you are suppose to check it and I am still seeing the "CheckPoint Antimalware process" running.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Have the clients rebooted since the client was deployed?
This is required to migrate to the E2 client.

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

Tue 23 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (EDT)

East US: What's New in R82

Thu 25 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (SGT)

APAC: CPX 2024 Recap

Tue 30 Apr 2024 @ 03:00 PM (CDT)

EMEA: CPX 2024 Recap

Tue 23 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (EDT)

East US: What's New in R82

Thu 25 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (SGT)

APAC: CPX 2024 Recap

Tue 30 Apr 2024 @ 03:00 PM (CDT)