Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Austin_Fraser
Participant

Errors after pushing E80.81 in Checkpoint Console

As the title states I have been able to push out E80.81 to nearly 80% of our environment but I am getting down the "trouble-makers" and coming back with some errors that I cannot find documentation on in the Checkpoint SK.

The following are some of the errors:

"An error occurred during the installation of assembly component [2]. HRESULT: [3]. {{assembly interface: [4], function: [5], assembly name: [6]}} (Error code: 1935)"

"There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A script required for this install to complete could not run. Contact your support personnel or package vendoe. Custom action VerifyModifyPWD script error -2147221231,: Line 14, Column 1, [8] (Error code: 1720)"

"Failed to generate uninstall password (Error code: 28153)"

"Error 27562.Changing configuration of Check Point Endpoint Security is not allowed. Please check the password you have entered is correct or contact your system administrator (Error code: 27562)"

2 Replies
Steve_Lander
Collaborator

Are you pushing this as an upgrade from a previous client version or are you doing a fresh install of Checkpoint Endpoint?   How are you pushing out the Endpoint installs?  I have seen some of those errors on upgrades, but not fresh installs.

We push out CheckPoint Endpoint by creating a package under the Deployment Tab in SmartEndpoint.  Under Packages for Export, you would create a package and tie it to a group if needed, along with the blades you want to install and the version.  **If you are planning on installing Endpoint on Windows 10 1803, I would suggest going to E80.82 or E80.83.**  After you created the package, you would click Download Package to create the MSI you would need.  We use Landesk to deploy our MSI to our machines, and we use the standard switches /i /quiet.  

Austin_Fraser
Participant

Yes, we were upgrading a older version of the Checkpoint client. It appears that this was just an indicator of a much deeper rooted issue in the machine. We were able to resolve most the issues by either uninstalling the client and decrypting the drive before fresh install or by reimaging the whole machine as needed.

Thanks for your help!

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events