cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sean_OConnor1
Explorer

Error 27118

We have E80.64 FDE (8.8.255) and MEPP, we tried to upgrade to E80.70.247
If we install the client manually then we are able to uninstall from control panel/programs and features.

If the E80.70 client was pushed from the SmartEndpoint Console things look okay except we cannot uninstall, we get "Error 27118.FDE must finish deployment before it can be uninstalled".

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Steve_Lander
Collaborator

Sean_OConnor1
Explorer

I tried sk103727 and sk118152 still got the same error – 27118

0 Kudos
Miguel_Angulo
Employee
Employee

Hi Sean, sorry to hear you were having issues uninstalling FDE. the error 27118 happens because either you tried to uninstall the FDE package while the drive still was encrypting or decrypting. Please allow the drive to fully encrypt, then start uninstall process from "Programs and features" or via EPS server. when you initiate the uninstall, the next step is to decrypt the drive. allow the drive to fully decrypt then you can remove the EPS client from progams and features. i hope you find this helpful.error 27118 while encryptingerror 27118 while decrypting

0 Kudos
Sean_OConnor1
Explorer

Hi Miguel,

The drive is fully encrypted and has been for a couple years. How do you uninstall via the EPS Server?

Sean

0 Kudos
Miguel_Angulo
Employee
Employee

Hi Sean, from the EPS server, go to deployment tab > locate your deployment rule where FDE blade was used to install FDE on the machine > Right-click action tab > select "uninstall all blades" > save & install policy.

0 Kudos
Sean_OConnor1
Explorer

Hi Miguel,

Uninstalling this way does not seem like an option for us. We have our deployment rules set up to match the OU's in Active Directory. If I click "uninstall all blades", it will remove the Policy for hundreds of machines.

Sean

0 Kudos
Eyal_Magidish
Employee
Employee

Hi Norbert,

From Software deployment rules you can choice individual machine.

or using GPO with the following command:

msiexec /x "X:\<path to MSI file>\EPS.msi"  /qn  UNINST_PASSWORD /forcerestart /l*v C:\MSI_install.log

Eyal.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events