cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Paulo_Balau
Contributor

EndPoint Security / SandBlast Uninstall error

Hello CheckMates Smiley Happy

We have E80.83.5080 for the EndPoint Security.

Some EndPoints are showing disconnect even when trying to reconnect. Because of that, we cannot manage to deploy software & updates to these machines.

So, we typically uninstall it and install it again. And tipically it works fine.

BUT... For a bunch of machines, It keeps us asking for a unintall password. Even though we're spelled it correctly (for sure yes! i works on others) it keeps asking for the administrative rigths to uninstall. We ran as administrator, domain administrator,user account etc but no use.

Is there a way to override this, it should let us uninstall as administrator but… 

Thx in advance

Paulo Balau

7 Replies
Paulo_Balau
Contributor

Not being the best place to post this just let me know of Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Markus_Hoyer1
Participant

Hi Paulo

I've had a similar issue. 

I had no success trying to resolve the issue myself and ended up contacting TAC support. 

Our issue was a corruption in the driver vsdata.dll, this is responsible for providing the Endpoint Security client self-protection and connect with uninstall password check. This prevented us in uninstall/changing EPS. This issue is very case specific and we had to have R&D to custom build and Endpoint Security client .msi package to omit the corrupted driver.  

A few things you can try; overriding the current EPS by deploying the "initial msi package" to the system manually and see if that overrides the current non-fucntional one. Furthermore resetting the uninstall password in the manager to default. (do this before you deploy the "initial eps package to the non-fucntional machine)

Hope it helps.

kind regards

Markus

Paulo_Balau
Contributor

Nope! No success Smiley Sad !

Continues to give the same error.

Even tried to sed domain adm credentials and tried to over install the very first package but asks to first uninstall and password does not work.

Help is welcomed!

Best Regards

Balau

0 Kudos
gilschwartz
Explorer

we have the same problem. 3 different workers !!! 

PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

There is an issue with the uninstall password not being respected in earlier versions.
I believe installing the most recent version of the client with the uninstall password configured should fix this.
Otherwise, the TAC should be able to assist with this.

0 Kudos
Kim_Moberg
Advisor

I had similar problem today uninstalling an Old version.

install the EPPatch first so the endpoint can communicate with the endpoint mgmt server. Then your uninstall password works again 

Best Regards
Kim
Kim_Moberg
Advisor

Access to Endpoint patcher are found in the end of the page on sk171213

https://supportcenter.checkpoint.com/supportcenter/portal?eventSubmit_doGoviewsolutiondetails=&solut...

Best Regards
Kim

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events